Performance on a lower end m1 mac

• Hello friends I am considering buying this flight simulator and I have a just one question.

My computer is a m1 iMac 7 cores with 8gb ram and I am wondering how this simulator would run on it.

Many thanks

yavda1

• We haven't tested this specific iMac model, but it is really at the lower end of what we recommend as it shares it's 8 GB of RAM for the graphics and the CPU, there might not be much left to run Aerofly FS 4. That being said: If you purchase from Steam, you can give it a try and if you don't like it or it doesn't perform well, you can always get a refund.

We have test Aerofly FS 4 on Mac Book Pro M1 16 inch and it runs just great on that computer, but they do offer more memory and more GPU power so it's hard to compare.

• You should encounter a very low frame rate around New York, LA, and other big cities. I encounter them with a M1 Pro, so!

But, for the rest of world, the M1 Pro is under used. It looks like to be a choice of IPACS. Because another flight sim uses it clearly a lot many times more.

So, I can even imagine if you run Aerofly on a M1, M1 Pro, or more, their no difference.

MacBook Pro | M3 Max 36 Gb RAM | Thrustmaster Airbus Captain Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiss A319 A320neo A321/neo/LR/XLR (soon A330neo) | KOSP Project | simHeaven | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | X-RAAS2 | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Latest AIRAC | SimBrief | Navigraph | WebFMC | MetarTaf

• Thanks for this new insight, if you don’t mind me asking what settings you are you on when you experience such a drop and how much of a fps drop it is. With this information I can probably estimate how much I will lose. Thanks!

• Thanks for this new insight, if you don’t mind me asking what settings you are you on when you experience such a drop and how much of a fps drop it is. With this information I can probably estimate how much I will lose. Thanks!

100% ultra

MacBook Pro | M3 Max 36 Gb RAM | Thrustmaster Airbus Captain Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiss A319 A320neo A321/neo/LR/XLR (soon A330neo) | KOSP Project | simHeaven | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | X-RAAS2 | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Latest AIRAC | SimBrief | Navigraph | WebFMC | MetarTaf