Black Squares in Switzerland

• There are black squares in Switzerland since the last update. I use the Swiss images from Aerofly FS2. Streaming set to off brought no change. I thought it could be in relation with masking?

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I guess I have found what causes the black squares. It has to do with the images that the streaming feature downloads and stores in the sd folder. These images or better the empty spaces in between cause black squares.

Here it downloaded level 10 images. However there are 2 missing tiles above and below the word Gruyere. That's exactly the 2 tiles that are black from a certain distance.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• @TomB: If you have installed user content, that could interfere here as well. As a test, disable your user content temporarily and check and see what happens then.

You are right. I have disabled the user content and the black squares did not appear. However the appearance of the squares is related to the streaming option. Turning off the option let the squares also disappear at least in my last tests.

I do not understand what initiates Aerofly to download images of Switzerland when I have the HD images from Aerofly FS2 installed. I do not see a need to load additional low level images. I thought you mentioned that user content is allways above Aerofly content in hierarchy.

This is what has been downloaded to the sd folder during my test flights:

Regards,

Thomas

• admin : thanks for the explanation. The Swiss images from Aerofly FS2 which I use in Aerofly FS4 do not follow that guideline (level 10 is missing). Maybe that has an impact on the problem. I also think that surrounding images on the border of Switzerland from other sceneries do not follow that rule.

BTW: will you add the higher resolution images of Switzerland to Aerofly FS4 one day? It is so much more fun to fly in the Swiss Alps with the higher resolution images. I (and many others) bought the high resolution Switzerland once for Aerofly FS2 and now we have a worse Switzerland in Aerofly FS4, difficult to understand.

Finally a positive feedback: I like the streaming, it works really well.

Regards,

Thomas