Downward trim when using Thrustmaster TCA

• Hello!

When I use the Thrustmaster TCA (with the top keys assigned for pitch and roll trim, sometimes the sim starts to automatically trim DOWN until either (1) the limit is reached or (2) crash, whichever comes first.

Maybe it’s a compatibility issue?:/

(I can provide a video later)

• That's odd. The input should not send any commands until it is pressed. I have the same device and also have assigned the trim to the hat switch instead of the view direction and I've never had any issue like that in the past.
    Please double check your assignments in the controls menu. Make sure no other button or input is assigned to the trim, only the desired buttons or hat switch inputs.

• That's odd. The input should not send any commands until it is pressed. I have the same device and also have assigned the trim to the hat switch instead of the view direction and I've never had any issue like that in the past.
    Please double check your assignments in the controls menu. Make sure no other button or input is assigned to the trim, only the desired buttons or hat switch inputs.

Thanks Jan,
    I also have trim assignments on keyboard:

Shift + Arrow keys
    Maybe that’s the issue.

• Hello!

When I use the Thrustmaster TCA (with the top keys assigned for pitch and roll trim, sometimes the sim starts to automatically trim DOWN until either (1) the limit is reached or (2) crash, whichever comes first.

Maybe it’s a compatibility issue?:/

(I can provide a video later)

Move all levers and use all buttons of the Thrusmater devices before starting your flight.

At start up, some of levers/buttons are thought in the "Thrusmaster mind" as moved or pressed.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Airbus Captain Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Do you use any external software for this device?
    I just use the default drivers from windows and have no third party application running.

Perhaps you use some software for that device to manage profiles or something like that?

No, it only thing between the control and the sim is just a USB to USB-C adapter for the Mac.

I guess this can happen when aircraft is changed in flight. From where are the trim figures taken in this case Jet-Pack (IPACS) ?

Quite possibly, (if I remember correctly) this mainly happens when I change aircrafts for final approach starts.

Move all levers and use all buttons of the Thrusmater devices before starting your flight.

At start up, some of levers/buttons are thought in the "Thrusmaster mind" as moved or pressed.

This would fix the problem, but it wouldn't really work in air-starts.

Anyhow, it's really a small issue that wouldn't harm as long as I realise the downward trimming (and correct) in time. I was just wondering whether if my device is compatible or not. Thanks for all of you guys' help^^