How to disable the Copilot's automatic flap settings?

• When flying with the copilot, once you reach around 5,000 ft on descent, the copilot will automatically extend the flaps. Is there a way to disable this? It's annoying because it doesn't correspond with the aircraft's speed, so many times the Copilot's flap extensions will push the aircraft downward.

• Yes in the settings menu in assistance you can turn this off.

I'd recommend keeping the assistances auto brake and auto tuning enabled. If you are not familiar with the operation of the airliners in detail then keep auto cockpit, auto warnings and auto landing lights enabled as well.

I already have auto flaps disabled in the flight assistant, but the copilot still automatically sets the flaps. I guess it's a glitch then?

• When the copilot is flying it needs to be able to set flaps and gear. That is intended behavior.

I’m confused, you just said it’s possible to disable it, but now the copilot must have auto flaps?

When I say Copilot, I mean manually entering the headings, altitude, and ascent/descent rate but not the automatic “follow the routing” with Copilot. I understand the follow the routing feature of Copilot must have auto flaps and gear

• I’m confused, you just said it’s possible to disable it, but now the copilot must have auto flaps?

When I say Copilot, I mean manually entering the headings, altitude, and ascent/descent rate but not the automatic “follow the routing” with Copilot. I understand the follow the routing feature of Copilot must have auto flaps and gear

Regardless of your assistance choice if you engage the copilot is does the flaps all by itself so that you can fly from A to B with the press of a single button. It just considers the state if it is engaged or not, it would be quite difficult to define when the user should do things for the copilot and what to do if the user does nothing. The option that always works if: copilot on, then you don't need care about flaps, gear, spoilers, etc.

If you fly manually you have the option of having the copilot control just the flaps, this is the auto-flap option I mentioned. I think this is enabled by default and I thought you were flying manually and were wondering why the flaps kept moving.