Infinite flights update not impressed

• So anxiously as I'm waiting for the update on aerofly infinite just barely released there update so I tried it out and not impressed.

Here's why sounds are disgusting the mesh is the same and there so called update to the cockpit isn't anything that competes with aerofly and so called multiplayer isn't even out not that I have hate toward them but u would think that with the time they had in developing they'd do better anyways aerofly u got nothing to fear ur miles a head when ur update comes I will be very excited to see what comes. Lol gotta say tho patience is hard when you want new things it takes time I should know I develop 3d models and meshes all the time not to mention textures rooting for u aero.

• I completely agree and I don't understand why it is so popular. For me working instrument, realistic scenery and buildings are more important that multiplayer, replay or a large fleet of airliners. I think that IF is designed for the arcade hungry masses whereas Aerofly is for the more discerning simmer who wants a more realistic sim and is likely to spend the majority of his/her time in cockpit view. So keep up the great work as we can't wait for more functionality and VOR/ILS.

Also since I like to spend 99% of my time in cockpit view how about modelling a large vintage commercial aircraft with a cockpit teeming with lovely dials and gauges! This is missing from both Aerofly and IF.

• I think there are a number of factors for the commercial success and superior user awareness of Infinite Flight compared to aeroflyFS, but the major point is still the update policy.

Updates for Infinite Flight arrive within a more or less strict 2-month cycle. The number of changes are modest at best and rarely address the stuff that "advanced" players would like to see improved (those who like to make ILS approaches at 0 visibility and 30 knots crosswind in turbulence - I never got what IF can be used for other than that. It can not be about looking at the scenery). That makes sense, because to do that I don't need more then 1 type of aircraft. So I am a bad customer for In-App purchases (IAP)
    Instead, every 11-year old gets the airliner he flew in for vacation as IAP. Since the flight model holds no challenges for this kind of customer they created a customer base that is easy to satisfy and buys the IAPs that are the center of with every update.

With aerofly being a far better simulator, it can't go without saying that this is still its greatest weakness. Although they have a Facebook page now, it has been updated one and a half month ago (yes, look again at IFs update cycle). We don't know if they are bankrupt, have been run over by a bus or are just working really hard at bringing CAT III approaches, VORs and aircraft carriers on the Bodensee to land on. What you can tell from their Facebook page and newsletter is that they are working on great looking stuff, enough for 5 updates of the quality that IFs spits out every 2 months.

The last time it got so silent it ended up with a massive update that contained everything promised 6 months ago and made the best app for aviation enthusiast on the App-Store just twice as good. But even when I say that I hope for an update of this quality this time, I still have to admit that I didn't play aerofly in weeks. Even the best app gets boring at some point with nothing new to try.

The greatest hope you can have for aeroflyFS is that at some point the concept of doing one thing after the other, including testing and release, will make it into IPACS business model.

• I think that multiplayer is the only way to remove the repetition that you find with other games, particularly if Aerofly can introduce gliding comps and air races but for me having a multiplayer but no working instruments and visually offensive scenery is not a recipe for success. I think that without these fundamental features the game will be very limited and people will soon tire of it. I can see Aerofly developing into the adult sim for those who want greater realism whereas infinite flight will become the sim for kids (just look at their Facebook page). If in a few years, Aerofly introduces a multiplayer with working radios and navaids then I think it will be much more enduring and the choice of the serious simmers.

I don't infinite flight's multiplayer will be that good as it will be full of kids declaring emergencies and purposefully crashing into each other. Some fans are already planning multiplayer rooms for serious simmers and are demanding that people complete a VFR written test in order to gain access! For me this still won't be enough due to the lack of working instruments and radio/nav functionality.

I don't think Aerofly will ever be as popular as IF as it's target customer base is not so lucrative but I really hope they keep developing the game for adults, experienced simmers and real world pilots. Aerofly should better recognise their customer demographic and increase the difficulty of the game (fully realistic flight dynamics inc spins).

I am happy to wait for good updates from Aerofly but it would nice to hear more from them and for more dialogue between developers and customers.

Gary

• Thank you all for your input. Its not our policy to publish updates on a regular basis as it would slow down our development progress quite a bit.

Currently we are reworking major parts of the simulator engine to support larger areas, so that you can fly on the whole earth. Its running fairly good so far even on the mobile devices, but its too early yet, to show any pictures yet as it is unclear yet how we will distribute it on iPad and iPhone.

• Thank you all for your input. Its not our policy to publish updates on a regular basis as it would slow down our development progress quite a bit.

Currently we are reworking major parts of the simulator engine to support larger areas, so that you can fly on the whole earth. Its running fairly good so far even on the mobile devices, but its too early yet, to show any pictures yet as it is unclear yet how we will distribute it on iPad and iPhone.

That would be absolutely amazing! Keep it up!

• Hi guys! Anyone who plays infinite will probably have realised that the update for infinite flight live has come out. I am unimpressed to say the least that they are wanting £30+ per year for multiplayer subscription, and are not offering a free trial. At first I thought they had just not put the free trial in yet, but I was looking on their facebook post, and someone had asked for a free trial, and the response from official infinite flight people was "sorry but no." How tight is that!?!? I hate the way they have completly slacked on all the free planes on the game, giving them horrible cockpit models, and very limited features, but then they bring out new payed planes all the time, with loads of effects! They have shown to me that they are more interested in profits than making a good game. On aerofly, it comes with a great selection amount of free planes to keep you going for ages, which have all the functionality of the extra paid ones, and even if you do decide to buy a plane, it either comes in a massively discounted pack, or is definetly not £2.99 for a cessna. People had also commented "hands down, infinite flight is the best flight simulator to date for ios" these people do not know what they are missing! Aerofly has better graphics and map, more free planes, a friendly forum community and dev team, realistic pricing, and for all that, it is cheaper! Multiplayer is great, but we shouldn't have to be paying much for it since infinite is a payed game, with lots of almost cumpolsury for a good game experiance in-app purchase. Thanks IPACS for bringing us such an outstanding sim for IOS
    Sorry if I am ranting, I always get carried away;)
    Tristan