iPad mini crashes unregularilly - how can I avoid this?

• Dear all,

am a fan of both aerofly fs and aerofly 2. Unfortunately my iPad mini crashes occasionally on aerofly 2. The app still seems to be running, double click on home button, app is in the blue menu. overall I still have 8 GB memory left, so must be something else.

Any ideas?

Burkhard

• Burkhard,

your crashes are related to the limited amount of RAM in the smaller iOS devices, e.g. also in your iPad mini. You will see this crash especially when using a complex aircraft like the 747 and fly close to the San Francisco airport. Here are a few tips:

- Disable ALL Apps that are active. To do this double click on the iPad button and swipe away all Apps.
    - After that restart your iPad, e.g. turn it off and back on
    - Then try to run aerofly again

Let me know if this helps you.

• I'd say gliders at the bottom, light aircraft in the middle, then jets and the corsair and at the top, the airliners. I also have an ipad 1 and I find that every now and then it starts crashing when I go on location or change aircraft menus so i just restart it. It works fine after that. Remember not to have both Aeroflys running at the same time and I also have to empty my app history thing.

• The Pitts and the Camel as well as the ASG29 glider are models with lower memory requirements.

Unfortunately we can't do much against those crashes. If an iOS device runs for a long time and you start many Apps, the memory manager of iOS somehow gets to a point where it can't reserve memory for Aerofly anymore. The only way to fix this is exiting all Apps and restarting the device.

We could in theory lower the memory requirement of Aerofly but this would come at the expense of lower resolution textures, so it won't look as good.

• Thanks all! Understanding the limitations and knowing what to do about these is fine for me. Restarting the machine now from time to time!

Keep up the good development work! Congratulations to a really enjoyable app!

Burkhard