• I was playing around in the P38 Lightning (Yippee colours obviously) this evening when I though that it would be possible to simulate g forces by the following means:

1. When you suddenly pull g, the view pans very slightly in the direction of the g forces to simulate the head moving slightly due to the extra forces. This would also give you a visual reference that g was been experienced and the direction of 'g'.

2. When pulling g, the rate at which we can pan the view with our fingers in cockpi view is slowed. The higher the g pulled, the slower the rate of pan. This would simulate the difficulty that a pilot has looking around whilst experiencing high g forces as his head weighs several times than at 1g. Whether the rate of pan would be slowed in all directions or just the direction of the g force exerted I am undecided. I am tending towards the rate of pan being slowing in all directions. The rate at which the view can be zoomed would also be slowed to show the extra difficulty the pilot wood have moving his head forward or back whilst experiencing high sustained g forces.

Does anyone else think that this would be a good feature for the iOS version of AF FS and AF2?

Gary