• Not quiet. Sink rate is the vertical speed of the aircraft. The GPWS only makes a call out for that if the aircraft is in a descent that is to steep.

The altitude announcements you normally hear on final approach come from the radio altimeter. It just reads out the altitude in feet at certain points: 2500, 1000, 400, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30, retard (if autothrottle is still engaged in an Airbus) or 20 (in a Boeing) and then 10 and even 5 if you float it to long.

Now, I am not sure if this also counts to the GPWS, I think it does. And I also think the call outs for minimums come from the same system...
    Anyways I would love to hear that on approach! :D

And if while we are on the topic of audible announcements:

I'd also like to hear an imaginary first officer say:
    "spoilers, reverse green, decel. or manual brakes" and then "70 (kts)" on landing.

And on take off maybe "thrust set", "80 (kts)" (Boeing) or "100 (kts)" (Airbus), "V1", "Vr" or "rotate!", "V2" and then "positive rate", (on gear up) "gear up".

And to go even further why not also giving audible output when we as pilot change the flaps: "Speed checked" + "Flaps up" or "Flaps 1"...

Regards,
    Jan