rudder and ailerons at low and high speeds in the ASG 29

• When flying at low speeds I can't give enough rudder to coordinate a turn when giving full ailerons. At high speeds it's the other way around. Full rudder is to much for full ailerons to keep everything coordinated.

I feel this does not resemble real life. Or is this actually accurate for the ASG 29? Can't really get that, but maybe I am missing a point?!

I know that you need a bigger input of your flight controls at low speeds, but It seems to my this only is done for the rudder and not for the ailerons on the ASG 29.

• Hi,
    from my 9 years of flying all sorts of gliders in real life I can tell you that you need less rudder at higher speeds. The primary reason for that is that the angle of attack which causes the adverse yaw, is smaller at higher speeds.
    At around 90km/h with flap setting 5 full aileron can be countered with full rudder.
    Cheers,
    Jan

• Although not related, and btw, I think Jet-Pack's answer is correct, and I have all sorts of experiences with different gliders IRL, I would like to know how the ASG-29 is regarding stalls and spins.

I somehow noticed in Aerofly 1 that it was extremely easy to get into a stall or spin when performing higher bank turns in the default gliders... Is it different in this model?

Limited by Main Thread...

• The current ASG29 does significantly better in turns, especially with flap5 or even 6. It corners very well and tight as I have experienced it with modern gliders irl. If you don't pull more than, say 2/3 of full elevator (more than sufficient for 45deg bank turn) you should be fine. You can still spin the ASG though if you really force it.

Cheers,
    Jan

• I know the rudder has less response at low speeds, but the same should be true for the ailerons, right? Or are the ailerons on the ASG 29 at low speeds more effective because of the fact that they have a better angle of attack as a result of them being lowered with flap settings?