Modeling of free-running turbine in the C90...

• Or lack of...

When in the C90, at a fixed throttle settings, we vary prop RPM, Fuel Flow varies accordingly - it shouldn't on a Pt-6 free-running turbine driven turboprop...

This feature isn't correctly modelled either in FSX or X-Plane, just to make it clear that I am not comparing to those other flight simulators. I just wanted to see it modelled in Aerofly, since it is such a promising platform for the future.

Limited by Main Thread...

• I agree, modelling a realistic turboprop engine is important for future aircraft.

The turbo prop C90gtx King Air does not seem to model beta range yet, so the idle setting of the engine does produce quite a high thrust, which you feel when you roll around on the ground for example.

The real turbo prop engines are really complex, too. In the beta range your power levers command the pitch angle of the blades with the FADEC controlling the throttle to the engine so it doesn't go out and - and at some point your power levers start to control just the power (fuel flow) to the core engine and the governor kicks in to maintain rpm.

The simulation would need to handle all of that, not to mention that you can overtorque a turboprop, too. :D
    (I would love to hear the drive shaft fail)

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Yes, I didn't even mention beta range Jan.

It would be great to see this features in a future model of turboprops. Haven't look inside the config files to see if there are any turboprop-specific parameters...

Limited by Main Thread...