• SLI support is on the graphics card / driver side only, there is nothing a developer can (and should) do about it. Although it would be nice to have individual access to the GPUs, nVidia and the driver are in a better position to allocate the resources and do the scheduling.

• Sry, no. 2x GTX 1070 SLI here. It works very well in all 2D ( Oculus don´t support SLI at this time ) conditions, but only if the programs will support it. FS2 is only using one graphics card while SLI is active. In NV driver the correct SLI compatibility bits must be found and set. But that´s not the user part.

• Like we mentioned before, SLI is not something an OpenGL application can enable by itself.

Aerofly FS 2 is not in the SLI configuration of the NVIDIA control panel as a preset. Its actually something, NVIDIA has to enable for us through a preset in their drivers.

We cannot enable SLI programmatically, so you have to do it manually.

Please google a little, you will find various manuals on how to enable SLI by setting some things in the control panel.

• Please google a little, you will find various manuals on how to enable SLI by setting some things in the control panel.

We talk about different things. No DAU here. Needless to say SLI is enabled in NV control panel. English isn´t my native language, but do I speak something strange? My SLI setup works well in all conditions, all other games or benchmarks are working well using the SLI and the two graphic cards. Only FS 2 does not and is using only one card. Furthermore with activated SLI the main graphics processor don´t speed up.

• Again, there is no way for a developer to enable SLI programatically. You will need a profile for the application to use SLI, either provided by nvidia with the driver or created by yourself. The latter is the case for Aerofly FS 2, so please follow the following steps to set up a profile in addition to enabling SLI globally.

[from: https://www.aerofly.com/www.geeks3d.com%5D

1 – Common rule: FULLSCREEN
    To take advantage of SLI or CrossFire, you have to run the OpenGL application in FULLSCREEN. Both SLI and CrossFire only work in fullscreen. Currently there’s no way to get SLI / CF system running in windowed mode… with gaming hardware (GeForce or Radeon based cards). I recently discoverd that you can do multi-GPU in a windowed application with CrossFire PRO (FirePro graphics cards).

2 – How to enable SLI support
    SLI is NVIDIA multi-GPU technology. Thanks to SLI you can use several GeForce graphics cards at the same time to speed up the 3D rendering. There are several ways to enable SLI with an OpenGL application:

2.1 – first thing, be sure that SLI is enabled. Just select Maximize 3D performance in NVIDIA control panel (or NVCPL):
    Enabling SLI

2.2 – The application has a SLI profile provided by NVIDIA (like popular OpenGL video games: Quake Wars, Wolfeinsten, etc.): you have nothing to do. Just start your application in fullscreen, that’s all.

2.3 – The application does not have a SLI profile. In that case try the following trick:

2.3.1 – enabling SLI in NVCPL is not enough. You have also to manually set the SLI rendering mode to AFR1 (Alternate Frame Rendering 1) in NVCPL (Manage 3D Settings entry on the left):
    SLI rendering mode: AFR1 (Alternate Frame Rendering 1)

• (I post this again, the last post doesn't show up if not logged in)

Again, there is no way for a developer to enable SLI programatically. You will need a profile for the application to use SLI, either provided by nvidia with the driver or created by yourself. The latter is the case for Aerofly FS 2, so please follow the following steps to set up a profile in addition to enabling SLI globally.

[from: https://www.aerofly.com/www.geeks3d.com%5D

1 – Common rule: FULLSCREEN
    To take advantage of SLI or CrossFire, you have to run the OpenGL application in FULLSCREEN. Both SLI and CrossFire only work in fullscreen. Currently there’s no way to get SLI / CF system running in windowed mode… with gaming hardware (GeForce or Radeon based cards). I recently discoverd that you can do multi-GPU in a windowed application with CrossFire PRO (FirePro graphics cards).

2 – How to enable SLI support
    SLI is NVIDIA multi-GPU technology. Thanks to SLI you can use several GeForce graphics cards at the same time to speed up the 3D rendering. There are several ways to enable SLI with an OpenGL application:

2.1 – first thing, be sure that SLI is enabled. Just select Maximize 3D performance in NVIDIA control panel (or NVCPL):
    Enabling SLI

2.2 – The application has a SLI profile provided by NVIDIA (like popular OpenGL video games: Quake Wars, Wolfeinsten, etc.): you have nothing to do. Just start your application in fullscreen, that’s all.

2.3 – The application does not have a SLI profile. In that case try the following trick:

2.3.1 – enabling SLI in NVCPL is not enough. You have also to manually set the SLI rendering mode to AFR1 (Alternate Frame Rendering 1) in NVCPL (Manage 3D Settings entry on the left):
    SLI rendering mode: AFR1 (Alternate Frame Rendering 1)

• First of all, many thanks for your trouble. I mean to recognize that you have so far not yet been set on the subject SLI apart. I, however, use it for many years and am familiar with both the NV control panel as well as the NV Inspector. The points you mentioned are all known to me. This is the normal procedure. I tried all options in NV panel and in NV Inspector ( an inofficial program with more options like NV panel ) before, but nothing brings satisfactory results.

1 - Without pretending special rendering modes, with NV defaults, only one Graphics Card is adressed and the processor speed of both graphic card is low. Please look ath the first image above.

2 - With AFR 1 or AFR 2 rendering mode, both graphic cards are used, but there are massive image errors and the frame rate breaks down dramatically. From about single framerate 170 to 30 fps.

3 - The NV Inspector allows to set SFR function and others. With this, both cards work well, but the frame rate does not increase.

There is definitely a problem which is not justified here in my system and not in the SLI configuration.