Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Mac Version Released!

• ATTENTION MAC USERS

Riding the wake of the official Aerofly FS 2 release we are pleased to announce that our Mac users will now have a flight simulator they can call their own. That's right, Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator is officially released today for Mac!

This new version will be equal to the PC version so don't expect a watered down port, expect the same experience that PC users are currently enjoying.

We here at IPACS embrace variety so we want to insure that whether you are a dedicated PC, Mac, mobile, or even Linux user, we have you covered. We want everyone to experience what we are building with Aerofly.

As with any flight simulator, your performance will vary depending on the power of your system, however, since the Mac version is equal to the PC version we will treat and support both versions equally the same. The minimum system to run Aerofly FS 2 is Mac OS 10.13

We look forward to a long relationship with our new Mac friends.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Rudi,

all of our platforms use mostly the same code which is only possible because everything was hand-coded by IPACS and is independent of what the operating system does. Only a few places where we directly interact with the system we need to expand our code a bit. All content is identical on all the different hardware therefor any change we make on an aircraft is automatically also a change seen on all hardware. So we're not opening "new construction zones", we are just adapting the one simulator engine that we have for multiple platforms which is a thing we do once and as soon as everything works there is not that much more work to be done to maintain the compatibility.

• Many thanks for this, I've been waiting a while for the Mac version :)

Just one question before I go ahead and purchase, will you be releasing this on Steam also? I have the Windows version from Steam and would prefer to have this on Steam as well. Especially since it's easier to grab addons this way.

Cheers

Tony

• Just curious what exactly is included in the Mac version? The app store description states ~ 150 airports from South West USA but the screenshots show New York. Is NY and the other regions included or is it only the South West USA at this time?

• Thank you for the nice simulator on mac.

Where is the location of screenshot folder in High Sierra.

I could not find my screenshot images in mac.

I have already checked following folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/screenshots

• Does anyone know where to install addons for this version? I have some tiles I've generated I'd like to bring over, but can't find where to put them :/

I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere that addon installation would be through the Mac store or something. User addons usually go into the Documents folder under Aerofly FS 2

No idea if its the same for Macs.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

Edited once, last by HiFlyer ().

• A Linux version is being worked on as well.

I can't tell you when it will be released just yet though.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi,

I recommend the website to be modified as it is misleading with regard to the scenery included. It states:

"Lots of additional features
    (...)
    Included cities - Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Reno, Phoenix, Tucson, New York, Salt Lake City, Denver and San Diego"
    (...)

NYC is definitely not included in the Aerofly FS2 download for the MAC and it cannot be purchased nor downloaded as published in the Wiki, as Stream does not allow you to purchase it (it recognizes WIN versions only, I guess and i Did include Aerofly FS2 in the game section).

and be aware: ORBX sceneries (e.g. LOWI) do also not work in the MAC version, as they again require a WIN based installation program (FTX central).

Happy Landings

BUT:

other than that, I do love AeroFly FS2 for the MAC!!!!

• I found that a lot of stutters due to higher frame rate over 60 fps. It would be nice if there were options where I can choose "1/2 Vsync on" (30 fps.) or even lower one to reduce stutters.