My first VOR only flight in Aerofly FS 2

• Yet another crosspost from something I posted on Avsim, sorry, but which I wanted to share here too. ;)

Just decided to do my first VOR only flight and did so in the Baron 58 because it has no GPS and a nice set of VOR gauges and instruments. I flew from an airport without a VOR to an airport which also has no VOR using a VOR in de distance without getting near to (it was a very short test flight but I didn't get closer than 23 nm from the VOR). It took some time how to use the Navigation map to figure out which headings and specially which radials to use and also the distances I had to watch for but... it worked flawlessly. Found the destination, making sure I ended up at the FAF that AFS2 always conveniently shows, without any problems and without using the map. I love this kind of flying without GPS and using instruments only, it keeps you busy during the flight, and I am very happy to see it works flawlessly in AFS2 too! Yes, it is a SIM. :p

• Jeroen,

I followed alle the discussions at avsim, orbx and read your aerofly fs2 review.
    It' s good to have you also here in this forum and I see how you get deeper and deeper into aerofly.

I find your recent posts very encouraging to try similar adventures in aerofly.
    Therefore: Thumbs up!