Oculus Audio Question

• Hi!

I've noticed that many of the more recent Oculus apps have gained the ability to automatically divert sound to the Oculus headset when you run them in Oculus mode, which removes the need for the user to tediously switch playback devices manually in the sound settings.

Its pretty convenient, and I was wondering if Aerofly could implement this feature as well.

Thanx!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I want this feature too, but I'm sure they will implement this in the future.

For now, you could use the "Oculus Tray Tool"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comme…ulus_tray_tool/

It switches the audio automatically to your headset when you start Oculus Home.
    Also, it has a cool voice command functionality for switching different stuff on and off (Showing the debug screen for example).

• I was wondering about the tray tool. Does it apply the settings in Oculus Home > Settings > Devices or does it do its own audio redirect? I ask because the Oculus Settings > Devices now has a nice audio mirror option to send output both to headphones and another output.

• Sorry, I don't know how exactly it is working.
    Maybe my screenshot can answer your question. If not, you should ask the guy on reddit. Sorry.

• It looks like a possibility, but if possible, I would rather go through whatever internal settings the oculus software is using to handle this. Like a lot of people, I suspect, I would rather not bring in the complication of an outside solution.

Thanks for the info though: I didn't know about that at all.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• What might be a simple solution for some: unplug any other sound device and the sound will go to the Rift automatically. I myself don't have speakers but only a headphone. Whenever I put the Rift on and hear nothing I simply unplug the headphone and the sounds is in the Rift. Obviously this will probably be less of an option if you have speakers attached to the back of your computer, but well, who knows it might help some. ;) I never ever have to fool around with settings and so on.

• My situation is a little more complicated, and once was even moreso: I have my computers internal music card, A soundblaster music card (inactive) and my monitor has internal audio via displayport. Not to mention the Nvidia 1080ti high definition audio output (disabled)

As a general rule, when Aerofly starts, I'm obliged to manually switch from my speakers to the Oculus speakers under playback devices.

It's just that in the last month or so, I have noticed a lot of apps are now doing that automatically, and it would be nice if Aerofly did too without bringing in the (possible) complications of an outside program.

Devons rig

• Can steamvr autostart? Don't run in steam mode but just starting steamvr can enable your preferred audio options including mirroring. I'm not fond of this option myself as i don't like extra processing running or windows open