Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Afternoon Master and apologies for the delay, Doctors appointments.

I have not yet done the coding for this as I was initially stumped as we basically have three switches into one. From what I understand above, a basic input switch and single rocker should enable the logic. As you say the animation is problematic.

Can we use 3 axis's on a single graphical switch ? ie change the axis of rotation of the switch for each output from the logic. For VR the rocker could be positioned higher and between the open/close and the auto point positioned lower than the actual switch to give them separation.

From memory, which I admit is rather suspect most of the time these days :/, I believe the KA50 (Blackshark) has similar switches.

Yes, you can link any combination of graphics transformations (rotation and translation) in a chain, including three different rotations. It's just a matter of sending the right input angle to each rotation and making the angles mutually exclusive (only one can be non zero).

Ok so the primary function is auto or fixed (center), right? Then I would implement that first as an input switch. Then you can add a rocker switch function which uses the Direction2 property in the controls.tmd (check out the flight stick and/or hat switch of the F18 for example).

Whenever the rocker switch is moved you can then reset the normal auto/fixed switch using the Events of the switch.

The more difficult part will be the animation and the VR compatibility.

If you send me the files I can take a look at it and post an example.

After starting the one and only engine of the R22 you need to close the red cover of the clutch switch and wait. Make sure the rotor brake is off. After a bit of a delay the rotor starts spinning and accelerates to idle rotation speed. Then you can throttle up to about 50% which accelerates the rotor. When the RPM reaches 100% you can take off.

I assume you are pulling the brake slider down for this or the auto brake is active? With wheel brakes the A380 slowes down quickly and it has to be able to do this for a rejected takeoff.

My recommendation would be to use little to no reverse and use auto brake low or medium. The auto brake is controlling for the real world deceleration rate so it's the most realistic option.

It depends on the device how many buildings you can load and see on screen. Devices with only 3 GB of RAM can obviously not display as much as devices with 8 or 12 GB.

What device do you have and are you seeing global airports?

Please restart your device and see if that helps. Perhaps it also helps if you have a stable WiFi connection, go closer to your WiFi router/modem.

You can also check if other apps use up all the available memory (RAM) on the device. Try clearing the cache from Aerofly FS first, then clear the cache of other large apps to free up some memory. Then try it again.

The camera names are pretty much identical to any other aircraft (see below).

Just create a new option in the user folder like we previously have shown for the a320 custom cameras in another thread:

TomB
    November 6, 2023 at 11:07 PM