What happened to the a320.tmd?

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

What happened to the a320.tmd? In which file are now the cabin (wing) views?

It would make sense to separate things from the large tmd file into smaller topic files so an update would not overwrite every time everything. I could imagine a views tmd file.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• To add more camera view take this example and modify it to your liking.

Installation:

1. Go to your user folder and add a new "a320" folder in the aircraft directory
    2. Extract the zip and copy the "views" folder into the a320 folder
    3. The file path should look like this: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Aerofly FS 4\aircraft\a320\views\system.tmd

system.tmd

- Define your additional camera views here

parameters.tmd

- Change existing views from the default a320 here.

Note - Do not change the files within the Steam directory, that is no longer necessary.

• To continue about this thread, is their a way to define what's already on and off when spawning int cold & dark state?

I would like to push more buttons in the overhead panel.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• To continue about this thread, is their a way to define what's already on and off when spawning int cold & dark state?

I would like to push more buttons in the overhead panel.

You can try adding a system_cold.tmd, just copy the one from the Steam a320\base folder to your own folder, delete all things that are already in there and add the things that you want to turn off. You may have to compare to the a320 base system.tmd file to find out what objects you want and what their state is.

• I have done some tests and it did not everything work as expected.

system.tmd

- Define your additional camera views here

parameters.tmd

- Change existing views from the default a320 here.

Note: all I discuss here is mainly for VR use.

When I change to the cabin I first expect to be inside the cabin and second sit in a forward position in my seat (different in the JU52 which has side benches). Everything else is weird in VR, e.g. sitting outside the fuselage and kind of glued at it. By changing the x/y/z parameters in the <[tmvector3d][R0][ 2.6 -1.5 0.1 ]> line I can define exactly where I am in relation to the 0/0/0 coordinates (center) of the aircraft in meters.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) : If I enter my a320 views in the system.tmd Aerofly closes immediately at start when the a320 is chosen.

If I enter my a320 views in parameters.tmd they work except for the sitting (view) direction (VR!).

The direction of sitting position is defined in this line:

<[tmvector3d][X0][ 0.0 -1.0 0.0 ]>

In the above case -1.0 means that I sit 90 degrees turned to the right in my seat, which is not very natural in VR.

In the past simply removing this line, as in cockpit, led to the right sitting position looking forward. This is not the case anymore, leaving the [X0] line out, has no impact and the sitting position is the same as with -1.0, sitting towards the window. These are now the correct entries for a correct sitting position: <[tmvector3d][X0][ 1.0 0.0 0.0 ]>

You wrote that the parameters.tmd is to change the existing views. My entries did not change the existing views but are additional. I wonder if it is not the other way round: parameters.tmd for additional views, system.tmd to change (replace) existing views. As entries in system.tmd caused a CTD I could not verify that.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Please make sure to check the tm.log file when it crashes after you made changes. It usually contains a hint. I assume it crashed because you had the same camera name twice.

The parameters is for changing existing parameters. You should only add camera names that already exist in the default/base system.tmd file in there.

Because the Direction is already defined in the base system.tmd file removing the Direction line from your views parameters.tmd file only reverts to what ever is already set. You need to set the Direction to 1.0 0.0 0.0 to have it face forward. Additionally you need to set X0 1.0 0.0 0.0 as well and set the Cone parameter to -1.0

• You can try adding a system_cold.tmd, just copy the one from the Steam a320\base folder to your own folder, delete all things that are already in there and add the things that you want to turn off. You may have to compare to the a320 base system.tmd file to find out what objects you want and what their state is.

What is the language of the TMD files?

In the case I can set the syntax in the editor and thus access to the syntax coloring and paragraph fold/unfold.

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

parameters.tmd: It works as designed.

system.tmd: the CTD was certainly because of same camera names as in system.tmd in base folder. More testing needed on my side.

Additional questions: - is this separation of tmd-files rather only for larger airline files or also for smaller ones?

- where should I add the [showinside] parameter?

Regards,

Thomas

• Jet-Pack (IPACS)

parameters.tmd: It works as designed.

system.tmd: the CTD was certainly because of same camera names as in system.tmd in base folder. More testing needed on my side.

Additional questions: - is this separation of tmd-files rather only for larger airline files or also for smaller ones?

- where should I add the [showinside] parameter?

The separation only makes sense for multiple aircraft that have a common core. For example the 737 NG and 737 MAX. This way the changes from the aircraft itself are defined somewhere else than changes made by us as developers.

For simple options like winglets yes/no, high/low-skids or additional exterior parts like a refueling boom in the UH-60 we already have the option system.

You can add the option just like the other parameters. Try this:

parameter.tmd

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Finally, I don't want to change your A320 Cold & Dark, because it is good, you even avoid us the boring part:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for your advices.

• Like that of the A320

For example: 15F or 15A

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (November 20, 2023 at 10:59 PM).