Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Modeling the second autopilot panel would take a lot of time and I'd rather see the time spent on a new aircraft to be honest. This is something that addon developers would add because each aircraft costs as much as our whole sim.

And to correct the second guy: please don't assume things. Why shouldn't we add the shorter versions at some point? Shortening the fuselage and adding new repaints is not as big of a deal as building a new airplane from scratch.

When the new gliders are added, what airports do you recommend flying from (in Switzerland/France/Germany/Italy), and how will we launch? Do we simply have to spawn at a high altitude?

Also, I'm rather new to understanding gliders as I flew the ASG29 for the first time in 4 years last week and don't really know how to use thermals to gain altitude. How should I climb while maintaining airspeed and following a specific course?

The Hahnweide airfield (EDST) already has and soon the Farrenberg glider airfield will have 3D custom made hangars that look absolutely terrific (screenshots of the Antares were taken there). Other airports that come to mind are located in Switzerland like Speck, Birrfeld, Grenchen, etc.

When can we expect the release of the a321

Will the doors be openable like the a320?

Will the a321 be as advanced as the a320 or even more advanced (system wise such as any new features) Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Release date is not set yet.

Doors in the front and rear can be opened.

System depth is the same as A320. Any new feature will be added in both aircraft as they share a lot of the base functionality.

@Thekingbuji333 Please stop opening new threads for the same questions that were already posted... I can't keep up with these and that's when I start skimming over them and ignore them...

Not sure why you are upset. We never said we were working on an A330 nor did we say we would never ever add one.

1-3) I don't make the decisions on which liveries are being made, sorry.

I just checked what back than my problem was with the procedure waypoints: Obviously they have no coordinates in the main.mcf - and they will not be restored on entering a custom missions. This seems also to be true for the custom missions supplied by IPACS itself, as there are many missions with "approach" waypoints which will not be restored.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Am I wrong that custom missions are not able to restore waypoints of type <[string8u][type][approach]> to the flightplan? (In the original files there are no departures and arrivals.) I tried "Tutorial Flight Cessna 172" which has a "I07" approach, which does not seem to load.

Yes, that is an issue with the route but unfortunately I don't have access to that code to fix it myself.

The brightness is not adjusted in the texture_animation_numeric_display but in the InputLuminance of the geometry object that that particular UV part of the texture is assigned to. So find the object that you are painting on and change the input luminance for the geometry. If you are rendering into the color map, then the luminance has no effect of course. Then you need to work with the texture background color, ambient texture and the display source colors that you are using to draw the numeric display with.

Also check the ClearColor of the texture animation. The texture that you are rendering to is first cleared with that color. You can use a texture to clear the background using the animation rectangle (look for objects like LCDBackground for example in other aircraft).

i have another question about a320 modeling. if you see the front cockpit window of a320 from the outside, the two front cockpit window are placed horizontally in aerofly. but that is not the case in real live. is it possible to get fixed cuz i really care about the modeling of aircraft.:)

Please compare the same liveries. The outline is present on some aircraft but on on all...

The aircraft with a detailed modeled interior have views inside the cabin. Any aircraft that doesn't have views on the inside also has no cabin model that looks any good when you get closer to it.

We already have a moving map in the desktop version but it's not yet available in mobile due to the limited screen space and the menu rework this would require. Instead you can still easily see your current position in the location menu.

It can be understood as: it is not simply lengthening a product, it is a completely remade model, right?

The A321 is a stretch of our existing A320 model but some re-texturing has been done as well. There are numerous changes in the model compared to the A320 but the model is based on the A320 model. Building a new model would be a crazy waste of time

Will the A321's CFM and IAE engines have different sound effects?

The IAE engines are getting new sounds, yes.

With the A321 with IAE engines coming soon to Aerofly, would there be a chance of the Neo variant coming to Aerofly as well?

Perhaps down the road, yes. For now it's only the normal A321 but at least in two versions with CFM and IAE.