Posts by pmb

As of today, the list is up to date again. I am really happy to see people obviously USING it.

Initially, I intended to download, install and try all sceneries, but I soon detected, this would require months of work, so I had to restrict to the areas I am interested in. We users can be really happy to have such busy developers on board!

Kind regards, Michael

Some time ago I tried to download the island of Tenerife (which I know well from my vacation there), from your link, and I was surprised that it didn't work.

Should work again. Took me around 4 hrs. Supposedly a small amount of time compared to what each member of the Apollo-50 team invested or what Michael (IZ0JUB) spent for Finland alone.:)

I hope this will not happen again, because the (fortunately) growing number of uploads exponentiates the effort indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

Would it be possible, to have further releases as .zip files instead of installers in general? As far as I recall, the previous version was an .msi which installed straight into c: without asking. Not a big deal, but I would prefer this, also for potentially moving AeroScenery to another drive post installation. What do the scenery pros think?

Tom's USGS image looks pretty well, doesn't it?

Kind regards, Michael

I didn't make any tiles yet, but the Locale setting issue in Shrinc TMC grid squares seems to have been resolved indeed. I tried a few values and they are properly kept, even over a restart.

And, well, a huge thank you for taking care of your baby.:)

Kind regards, Michael

I have managed to use OVRDrop for the display of FSWidgets' GMapHD in AeroflyFS2 recently. This is using a WMR (Acer AH101) headset and does not required controllers (which I don't use).

Installation and arranging the 2D window for proper display was a bit tricky, but after this has been done once it's quite easy to load the saved setting and run it.

Unfortunately, OVRDrop does not come with a proper manual. However, the manual of OpenVRDesktopDisplayPortal being a precursor works quite well. You may even try to use the program OpenVRDesktopDisplyPortal at Github itself as a free alternative (which I didn't try, though).

This should be usable for pdf (and other 2D) display as well.

I tried a couple of alternatives at Steam but failed to get them to do what I wanted.

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: Thanks Phil, you were faster, so mine is one of the clunkier alternatives indeed.:D

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'll add all missing files during the next days. There have been several exciting new projects recently, including Apollo-50, Neuchatel, and others. Plus, I am sure we'll see another outburst after the new AeroScenery will become available. Like most of us, I'm also much looking forward to the Living World demo.

The new flight-sim.org server software will certainly make the smaller number of larger files better managable for all involved - the developer, the end user and me.:)

Kind regards, Michael

Unfortunately, there was no way of an automatic repair of the broken links to https://flight-sim.org/ on my

AeroflyFS2 Freeware Sceneries List

These links were broken as a result of a recent software update, which as such is highly welcome as it allows upload of much larger files. Thus, I had to swallow the bitter pill of updating the > 300 links the hard way, i.e. by hand.

All links should be working again, if not, drop me a note. I'll add recent Freeware additions including the famous Apollo-50 project over the next weekend.

Kind regards, Michael

I saw this and found it a bit irritating as the maker (this is his first product) calls itself "Landclass". We all know there isn't such a thing as landclass in AeroflyFS2.

Besides, I think he would have found much more buyers if he provided photo scenery which shouldn't be an issue in the US where he could use USGS data. I suppose, the majority of AeroflyFS2 users is not intimate with Geoconvert and its friends.

I might buy it after the new AeroScenery is ready. The choice of the setting is certainly an excellent one.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

I have been using it for half a year networked now. BTW, the Network pack is not required for AeroflyFS2. It works, but is far from the Moving Map I use under Prepar3d and X-Plane (FSFlightControl).

Moreover, FSWidgets can't be used under VR, at least I don't know how to do it. If someone knows a way to get it working under VR that would be great. As far as I know the AeroflyFS2 "M"doesn't work as well under VR.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm waiting for Nick's new version of "AeroScenery" and I want to remake Finland and other countries using top quality photo images.

other countries like Germany ;)... I guessed it. It's great Nick is working on AeroScenery again and should give indeed new options.

Moreover, Higgy seems to upgrade Flight-Sim.org for uploading larger files. Quite a number of great achievements seem to come together.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks guys, I not at home right now but will try your suggestions after return (and report).

Kind regards, Michael

I think this happens when the sensors do not work right. I have a rift and need to plug out the sensor from usb3 and replug.

Thanks, this pointed me into the proper direction. After checking and modifying several settings in StemVR etc. to no avail, I replugged the USB plug into another port - and voila, view distance modification is working again again.

I suspect, this just re-installed the driver at a low-level.

Kind regards, Michael

Just a minor detail. The manual suggests the following install path for the Steam version:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\addons\scenery"

I own the Steam version but don't have that directory. Instead I have (neglect the inessential fact I have AeroflyFS2 installed on the K drive)

K:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns\scenery

Kind regards, Michael