Posts by pmb

Hi,

may I ask for help? I can't anly longer change the view distance to the panel in VR (WMR Acer AH101). I am pretty sure I could lean forward to better read figures on gauges until recently, but this doesn't work anymore. If I lean forward the panel does move forward as well. This is not limited to a special plane and not even to AeroflyFS2 but happens in Prepar3d in VR as well.

I thought it might be related to the recent Windows Update, but then others would already have cried. I guess it's a rather stupid setting I made somewhere in Steam VR or in some other place.

And kind soul with a good idea?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

I've added several orthophoto sources in this build.

Unless there's some complexity that I'm not seeing at the moment, probably 1 - 3 weeks.

May I remind you of the Locale issue with Shrink TMC grid squares for non-English users?

https://github.com/nickhod/aeroscenery/issues/7

I switched the scheme to English on my laptop and Aeroscenery runs fine there with 0.01. However, I can't do this on my (more powerful) main machine as this Locale setting causes issues with, e.g., Excel files I need for work.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Maybe you had a user folder link defined via

<[string8][extra_user_folder][H:\ipacs]>

(that's mine) in main.mcf and this entry got lost either when you deleted the file youself or it was replaced by an update?

Kind regards, Michael

There has been some excellent freeware scenery developed over the last months by a hand full of clever contributors being willing to share their work. Just check my list

https://michael-basler.net/Flight_Simulat…re_Scenery.html

For weather you can try the Wettergerät

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…tterger%C3%A4t/

It's not Active Sky but imports METARS in advance of starting AeroflyFS2. Unfortunately, I didn't find time to try it myself yet.

Kind regards, Michael

Here are a couple of more specialized sources, both copied over from Ortho4XP. For those with a working Ortho4XP installation, there is a comprehensive collection of sources in the /Providers subdirectory.

New Zealand

# Linz open data imagery for _PART OF_ New Zealand. Use only inside of .comb files with proper masking.

# https://data.linz.govt.nz/set/4702-nz-aerial-imagery/

grid_type=webmercator

url_template=https://koordinates-tiles-{switch:a,b,c,d}.global.ssl.fastly.net/services;key=ec2d27e902f1463c9145743576e03f31/tiles/v4/layer=51769,style=auto;layer=88131,style=auto;layer=95497,style=auto/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

(these are very popular among NZ simmers and free for non-commercial use and are already (freely) distributed for XP)

Japan

# Japan 2007 imagery (partial [-> use only inside of .comb files with proper masking] but very good in some places)

# Unsure about copyright

grid_type=webmercator

url_template=http://cyberjapandata.gsi.go.jp/xyz/ort/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.jpg

Not to forget: Could you keep an eye on that "locale" issue (0,01 vs. 0.01) I reported on GitHub?

Once more thanks Nick for trying to go forward,

Michael

Let me guess - we cannot ask the dev of O4XP to create O4FS2

I much doubt it. He's a very dedicated XP-fan and rather made O4XP to just boost XP (which he achieved). However, as far as I know the source code is free and someone else (not the author of O4XP) made a working P3D port a year or so ago. So, in principle it should be possible to make an AeroflyFS2 fork, too.

Supposedly this will require a gifted and dedicated programmer, though.

Kind regards, Michael

AeroScenery is on GitHub so someone being able could make a fork. However, I guess there are not more than 2 or 3 people around here with the abilties to integrate Arcgis.

An alternative idea would be to exploit Ortho4XP, that's what the X-Planers use. It supports a wide range of sources, including Arcgis and many more. There has been a derivative available producing output for Prepar3d since a year or so. So, it might be easier to add AeroflyFS2 as an output channel than modify AeroScenery for Arcgis.

Just an idea, but in both cases it would require a hardcore programmer, I think.

Kind regards, Michael (II)

Fantastic work! Thank you!

Wow! Where can I find the Italian scenery? In flight-sim.org I see the Cultivation, but not the photo sceneries.

Italy is only cultivation indeed. You will have to do the Ortho scenery by yourself, at least for now. However, while making Ortho scenery is time-consuming, it is more straightforward using AeroScenery than Cultivation requiring sophisticated scripts.

Kind regards, Michael

On re making Part 1 it would not make "Level 9". I have tried several times now but every time I process the tile in "AeroScenery" it skips "Level 9", its most odd?

It would be of interest if another simmer could try the same thing. The other tiles are processing OK.

I already had made this (map_09_8780_ae00 - right?) before and just looked it up, but level 9 is missing as well (while a few neighbours have it). Obvisouly, there seems to be a real issue with the source.

In principle, you can make models using Sketchup and convert them to AeroflyFS using Arno Gerretsen's ModelconverterX

https://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/

I did convert a few models myself. There may be limitations, but the process as such works. Others (like Rodeo) are working with AC3D, though, and maybe for a reason.

And yes, I would suggest using AeroScenery instaed of FSET, I find usability much better.

Kind regards, Michael

I am not sure everyone is aware of the service our friend IZ0JUB (Michael) is doing to the German (and beyond) AeroflyFS2 community right now. Over at flight-sim.org you can find the first tiles of his Germany North scenery comprising complete ortho scenery as well as cultivation.

Here are two shots:

Graal-Mueritz

and Rostock-Warnemuende

He did even some color-corrections given the original imagery is quite poor (as I observed in my own attempts).

Be prepared you will need some disk space, a very rough estimate provides close to 200 tiles, around 0.5GB each, for the whole of Germany, but that's the way it is with photo scenery. For me, a dream would come true seeing my home country represented in AeroflyFS2 in this quality.

Moreover, adding the already completed packages like Italy or commercially available products like The Netherlands, this will give a HUGE space for flying in Central Europe. And don't forget there are a high number of FSCloudPort airports available to add.

Once more, a million thanks, Michael!

FCP Bex contains objects from other airports. All you got to do is remove the planes from the bex tsc which are on different coordinates and you‘ll be fine.

I have opened the dialog with Flylogic and asked them if they could build the Pay airport which are currently missing. They will look into the option 😉

I own nearly all of the older Flylogic airports for FSX (no longer in use) and now those available for Prepar3d. I like them very much, notably Sion is a very fine scenery and would be a perfect fit to AFS2 Switzerland.

Maybe we can send Flylogic a few more reminders to show them there is a market.

Kind regards, Michael