Posts by psionmark

There's absolutely loads to find. It would be a huge task. For instance have you visited Area 51?

Nope! What's the best route in?

Thanks for the tip, but this is kinda my point. There's probably tons of good stuff, but finding it is an issue. I'm all for just flying around and exploring, so long as I know something is going to be there. Flying for hours over similar landscapes in the hope of stumbling across stuff is not so much fun.

If there was a list (and you'd think the people who put them there would know where they are :)) might actually bring more people to the sim.

I've been considering writing an "Aerofly Flight Planner" app that parses scenery files and airports and draws the boundaries of that scenery on a Google map and puts maps markers on an airport. Even from a zoomed out view you'd see outlines of scenery areas.

That'd be very useful. I know I've harped on about this before, but it still surprises me that Aerofly have provided all of this beautiful scenery to fly around and the only way of finding the good stuff is by luck. Much easier to explore third party scenery as the devs generally quantify what it is you're getting.

My apologies if this is FAQ, but is there a list of interesting POI's to visit in the AF2 world?

I love exploring, but it'd be nice to know of some cool places to visit. For example, I just randomly went and took a look at Las Vegas in the R22 and it's a pretty terrific experience, especially in VR, yet I only stumbled upon it by accident. Likewise with one of the Grand Canyon airports (forgotten the name already lol). Really detailed airport with people and vehicles. Again, just found by accident.

If there isn't one, I'm happy to start one :)

Is the issue one of exposure? I fly Aerofly more and more. This, admittedly, it’s mostly since I got my Oculus Rift S but, since then, and with more and more time constraints, being able to load the sim and be in the air in less than a minute is a huge bonus for me. I think this would be a plus for a lot of people, yet I get the impression a lot of peopled don’t even know about FS2.

I try and plug the sim on my site, but not a lot of interest ever seems to be shown. And that’s a shame. I’d consider myself a pretty hard core flight simmer, the ones this sim isn’t apparently aimed at, yet I’m using it more and more. I suspect that’s mostly down to the incredible VR performance. Swishing around the skyscrapers at Meigs etc in the 22 is just incredible. And that’s fine with me. I see FS2 as scratching a specific flight sim itch. If I want systems, global traffic and navigation, I’ll go with X-Plane (for now). If I want a quick zoom around some fab scenery in frankly astonishingly good VR, it’s FS2 for me.

Just rambling, really, but I guess I’m sort of suggesting maybe Aerofly target their sim at specific audiences? E.g “Come see this fab sim - it loads in a flash and is awesome in VR” :)

Just one request (repeated, I know). Please somehow add Navigraph Charts support, if possible...

sorry about that I forgot to mention it I do apologize.

just unzip and place folder in the places folder or in EGNT folder. any problems let me now.

Hi. I managed to get it working briefly by putting it in EGNT within Places. I saw a plane taking off when the sim launched. However, the sim then crashed and then crashed every time I tried to restart until I deleted the new EGNT folder, when it started working again okay. I'm using the non-Steam version if that makes any difference.

Regards, Mark.

ok here is the file for you test for EGNT animation. there is still work to do on it but you can test it if you like.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArwHq0EQQN9NgaQDWqWixAfpWkQFqA?e=ilwsfB

Thanks for this - where do I need to install it? I’ve tried various locations and it seems to either do nothing or crash the sim on launch. I’ve got the full UK ortho scenery installed from flight-sim.org and also the free EGNT airport - not sure if either of those make any difference.

Thanks for the reponses folks - I hope my comments about some of the FScloudport airports weren't taken as criticism, or too harshly. It was really just an observation. I've not touched FSCloudport yet (just downloaded the airports from the website) but I will absolutely start looking into it now, and anywhere I can help, yes, I will definitely ask for joint rights and "get stuck in" 8)

Some of the runways may be off with the ortho but I have to say, it's still amazing that we have all these new worldwide airports in AFS2! I only reinstalled AFS2 two days ago (after a long break) - got a little bored with XP11. I expected just to be tootling around California or Switzerland in the C172 ..... I could not have dreamed that I would be flying from my home airport of Newcastle UK, and over some of the best ortho / cultivation scenery I have seen in any sim!

Really amazing work guys!

DROGE192 - it’s certainly a small world - I live about 6 miles form EGNT 😄 Also delighted we now have our home base to fly from.

Thanks again for this outstanding contribution. I did some lovely high-speed flying over the Lake District yesterday and this stuff is just incredible.

One small question - by no means a criticism and it’s probably something specific to my rig. I’m using an Oculus Rift S on a 2080 card and I get a fair bit of “shimmering” with quite a few (but by no means all) buildings. I’ve tried knocking down my rendering settings (mostly at Ultra) but it seems to make no difference.

It’s not a huge issue, but to fix it would be the lovely icing on an utterly superb cake 😄

Have a terrific and well-deserved break!