Posts by Jetjockey10

No, the real ones , mast bumping has been knocking them out of the sky . Department of Conservation are no longer allowed to use them .

In NZ 8 or 9 total incidents with 300 helios. In the U.S. they have had 8 or 9 incidents with 2700 helios. Most experts think is has to do with pilots and training, not the Robinsons. Makes for good reading - those sensational articles.

Regards,

Ray

Orbx's Palm Springs Intl is like a whole new DLC being added. There is so much premium area being added and so very many custom quality items to see and do. Huge new playground for the R-22 for sure. 8o

Thanks Jarrad,

Regards,

Ray Marshall

Just about everything you see in this screenshot (except my special Learjet) will be upgraded with the Orbx Palm Springs Intl for AFS2. Wow.

Regards,

Ray

I guess the OSM data varies greatly from location to location. It appears to me that South Florida is loaded with cultivation data and also the west coast of Florida but the central and east coast is sorely lacking in residential data. Just having the trees (forests) and commercial buildings adds a lot to the view.

puzzling that cities like Daytona Beach is almost totally void of any houses. I wonder where all those retired folks are living? ;)

Thanks guys for digging into this for me. I wish I knew more about how to read and understand the ScenPro codes.

Chris, can you tell me which line(s) calls for just plain old residential houses? The returns or results seem to be out of whack with reality. I may run the Tampa/St. Pete area again just to see how many houses are placed.

Regards,

Ray

Need help to solve a simple problem - I can't seem to get any residential houses to appear in my cultivated area along the central Florida east coast. I have checked from Vero Beach to Jacksonville in towns like Titusville, Daytona Beach, etc. I have plenty of commercial buildings and trees but practically no houses.

Could someone test a small area for me and see if is missing OSM data or something I am doing or no doing correctly. w 81 deg n 29

Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

Chris,

Thank you so very much for your specialized talents and willingness to work with us novices. I do so very much appreciate it.

No to the size of the OSM area, I have tested it down to a square mile or two with no changes in the house density. I agree that OSM data is very spotty, I have that around where I live also. I would think Titusville Florida would be up to date with good data but, who knows.

East Center Florida where it land juts out to the East is Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center. That is the area I am working in today. -80 w 29 deg will get you in the neighborhood.

Regards,

Ray

What we need is for someone with the time and means to set up a site that does number one above. I am now reasonably convinced that Bing doesn't mind us sharing their scenery in our projects if it is for free. Now we need a sugar daddy!

I did all of the US and Western Europe to my own satisfaction. It took me months of almost full time computer time and editing, and it can't be shared because of my source material. We can't expect everyone to do the same.

It may be time to try to bring Kenneth back into the fold. He has some super connections to folks with storage capacity for flight sims.

Regards,

Ray

.Using the SplitGrid command already allows scenProc to process the multiple grids simultaneously. This is already enabled in my template. I also noticed a low CPU and memory usage with scenProc even when it is working hard, unlike GeoConvert. This is probably something you should ask Arno the creator of scenProc.

The lines you have indicated are only for large residential buildings, which usually means residential high rise. Further up your screen shot I see that you have created 2364 single level houses and 918 double level houses. So it seems to be working as expected.

Chris,

Thanks for taking a look at this. but, tke a look at the screenshots. 98% of the houses are not cultivated. The first two areas that I made around Ft. Meyers and Tampa are absolutely loaded with houses. Here there are bare any at all. I have something not working correctly someplace.

Regards,

Ray

I am missing most of the residential houses in the cultivation here. I am currently rerunning the ScenPro with a very small map area to see if I may have bit off too much the first time. Any ideas? using your ver5.

Titusville is a small town just outside the Kennedy Space Center in east central Florida.

Regards,

Ray

Chris,

Wow, I would never imagined that the coding couls get so specific. This sounds very encouraging. I am in the middle of some geoconverter processing now so it will be tomorrow am before I can locate the trees in the lakes and get the screenshot and coordinates for you. Thanks for the offer to look at it.

Regards,

Ray

Chris,

I am working in the central Florida area this week for building scenery and cultivation. I started on the west coast with the St. Petersburg/Tampa area, and am currently building the central area - Orlando - from Sanford in the north to Lake Wales south and between 81 deg and 82 deg. This will be a heavy concentration of metro area mixed with water. The water is the shallow small lakes throughout this area. Locals call them "sinkholes" but some a rather large lakes. There will also be a good bit of wetlands and specialized forests - acres and acres of orange and grapefruit trees planted in organized rows. Maybe we can come up with an new tree for these.

The next physical step will be the east coast from Daytona to Melbourne including the Space Center.

I noticed the amount of cultivation houses varies greatly between some of the built-up metro areas and the remote farm land as should be expected. Maybe there is just not much input to OpenStreetMaps for the less dense areas. The commercial buildings all seem to be present though.

One thing we need to work on is large individual trees are being placed in these lakes or sinkholes and this looks rather odd and out of place.

Otherwise, the cultivation process using your ver5 adds tremendous value to this new FSET scenery and is super easy to use. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Regards,

Ray

TomSimMuc ,

Could you please give us the details on your terrific 57cm Hawaii scenery? We need to know exactly how to setup Aeroscenery or FSET. Thanks!! Also, any word on providing the Hawaii cultivation? Your images are the best I have seen.

Thanks again

Dave W.

Dave ,

We are in the screenshot area. How about we set up a conversation with those interested in Oahu details so we can keep the info in one place and avoid from scattered around the forum? We can start with the main players/contributors and keep adding interested users.

I will search for the Google url thread.

Regards,

Ray

Could you post a screenshot of your geoconvert tool so that I can make sure I'm following correctly? Your results are incredible.

I used the latest Google Earth Services that was posted in the forums about 2 weeks ago - I called it GE. I used FSET dl level 1 and processed at 9 - 14 w/GeoConverter. I used someone else's cultivation.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Ray

My 2nd pc finally gave up the ghost a week or so ago. This was the Xidax Gamer from 2 years ago with the i7-4790K - 4.4GHz and the GTX 970 that I was using for the triple monitor setup. The good news is that I can use the two SSD drives from the Xidax in my new i7-8700 - 3.7 Ghz 1080 Ti for file storage as Aerofly FS2 grows. Most of my slots were already taken with two 1TB SSDs, a 500 GB SSD and a couple of 2TB HDDs.

This new Alienware R7 has two 10 Ghz 2nd gen USB ports on the back so I purchased new 10 GHz SATA cables and plugged in the SSDs from the Xidax to these hot smoking external ports. No need to copy my old files over now, they are readily available full-time and I can move data at 160 MB/s with peaks up to 300+ MB/s to and from the HDDs. Quick and simple solution. :)

Regards,

Ray

Even more reason to move on the freely useable USGS scenery. 8o Somewhere is our 50 states we should be able to find enough scenery to satisfy most folks that are looking for free AFS2 scenery, don't you think. Let's see - there is Hawaii, and there is Alaska (looks a lot like Norway), there is the PNW, Southern California, Florida, Michigan, the mid-west, the north-east, there is Washington DC, Oregon, Washington state, Texas.

Well, I guess you get the picture.

Regards,
    Ray

I tend to lean toward the BING Maps License Manager version and would be willing to use his title in the credits when I forward a completed scenery area to our download site. Prior to downloading, each person would be required to check the box stating he/she understands this product used parts and pieces of free Bing Maps and this scenery is for their personal use and is being shared as a non-profit item and is not to be passed on to others.

I bet something along those lines would hold up in any neighborhood bar or bakery. 8o

Regards,

Ray