Posts by Hartman

We've published a new teaser for you today,

showing a bit more of the scenery cultivation.

Exciting. Looks really good. :thumbup:

Hope that eventually a user-friendly tool will appear for effectively placing trees and forests in the near future.

Manually, I can take a screenshot of the area from OSM (see illustrations below). Then adjust the image in Photoshop and create a "black and white" photo (black = trees and forests).

High on the wish list is a tool that can "read" the black areas (black = trees and forests) and then "produce" the required files that place trees and forests in Aerofly FS4.

8)

You just gotta invest the time in learning how to use them.

That's the whole point for me. I do not want to spend my free time learning to "code" (telling the computer what I want it to do). That's not my field of interest.

I have previously (in the 90s) worked professionally with 3D Studio Max. But creating an airport for Aerofly FS2 with 3DS is far too complicated and time consuming.

Fortunately, we have FSCloudPort, which is a great user-friendly software for creating simple airports.

But a good example of what I mean - is to create scenery. In the past, I used a cumbersome technique. Then "nickhod" appeared with his excellent software AeroScenery: User-friendly, intuitive and fast. Heaven for a scenery creator. I was therefore able to produce scenery for large parts of Norway - thanks to this ingenious software (the challenge is still to find good enough orthophotos).

As mentioned, I hope that a similar user-friendly software for producing vegetation emerges. I have used scenProc - but it becomes too cumbersome and inaccurate. Trees and forests in many unwanted places - including lakes. I therefore tried to make my own "forest orthophotos" as a basis for scenProc (see illustration). But still I (or scenProc) can not control where scenProc places trees and forests. Trees are still placed in both the green and white areas. Why?

So if there is a user-friendly software that manages to place trees / forests in the green area (see illustration) - and not in the white area - I will be very happy. :love:

The program analyzes the photo texture of the landscape and tries to automatically find the correct type and size of the appropriate trees.

(in Beta state).

Very interesting.

High on my wish list is just a user-friendly functional software that can generate vegetation over large areas.

Nabeel's AFS2 Cultivation / Scenery editor is an excellent user-friendly program for small areas (and for editing).

As mentioned before: Can someone (IPACS?) give me access to user-friendly programs - then I will help produce freeware scenery for FS2. :thumbup:

Bei mir ist es einfach nur ungeduld,weill ich einfach was anderes gewöhnt bin (jede woche eine neue Scenery für (FSX ,P3D oder X Plane11).

I guess if you could travel with your plane around the real world like you can in AFS2 - it would soon be boring - and you would be hungry for more planes, more scenery and better graphics ...... etc. :/

"scenery/places" is not the correct folder for airports anymore...

Please use scenery/airports to avoid slowing down simulation startup.

The folder should then also be called "lpfr_faro" so that aerofly can correctly pair the user made scenery with the known airport from the database.

I'm still somewhat unsure of how rigid the new "rules" are for achieving the fastest possible launch of AFS2.

For example: fscloudport.com automatically produces all ICAO codes - in capital letters.

Do all ICAO airport codes have to be written in lower case according to the new "rules" - to be registered by the internal database - "to avoid slowing down simulation startup"?

Thank you for your feedback.

This should work:

e:\extra_user_folder\scenery\airports\norway\

...................................................\elevation\norway\

....................................................\images\norway\

....................................................\places\norway\

Yes, this has always worked well.

And this should work as well:

e:\extra_user_folder\addons\scenery\norway\airports

...............................................................................\elevation

...............................................................................\images

...............................................................................\places

But this setup does not work. Airports, images, etc. are not displayed in Aerofly FS2.

In a way, this layout appears better as the files that naturally belong together are placed in the same country / region-folders.

Is there a hidden setting somewhere that controls this?

I have tried to change my setup - but it does not seem as intended?

I first created a new "main.mcf" file - where I use "extra_user_folder" so I can place my user files on my e-disk. This setup works ok:

e:\extra_user_folder\scenery\airports

..................................................\elevation

..................................................\images

..................................................\places

But if I change it to - for example:

e:\extra_user_folder\scenery\norway\airports

................................................................\elevation

.................................................................\images

.................................................................\places

... none of the files are loaded into Aerofly FS2.

Here is obviously something I misunderstand. But what? :/

A new check a little further north - shows that an error has still occurred. This time I went higher over the terrain - and then it is easy to register the error.

N 61.3871 E 11.0212, 15000ft.

Steam: v2.05.03.23 (20201222) OpenGL and Vulkan (non beta).

I have checked the same area on my PC - and am experiencing the same error. I have not changed anything.

The reason must therefore be due to an update from IPACS. :!:

EDIT: When I go out of Beta - mesh works ok on my PC.

Strange. As a test, you can try to deactivate Scandinavia East mesh (and Augustin Winther 10M MESH). Use only Scandinavia West mesh (19m) made by Taburet (Scandi_2).

Do you get the same error then?

To deactivate the folder "scandi_1" (Scandinavia East mesh) - insert 2 underscores in front of the folder name:

__scandi_1

Thank you very much for the feedback. :thumbup:

Important for me to get a confirmation that there is nothing wrong with the product. Guess I need a long period of getting used to it - and that it will hopefully get better over time.

I will still wait for Sebastian's (MRTV) examination - whether the product is sold with two different lenses.

I have never tried VR glasses. But now I have tested an HP Reverb G2 VR Headset. An exciting experience of being present in the cockpit. :thumbup:

BUT .... :!:

As I have no previous experience - and have nothing to compare with - I'm not sure if my HP Reverb G2 is working properly.

I experience that what is called "sweetspot" - is very small. It gets so strenuous that I can only do short trips of 5 -10 minutes. Is there anyone else here on the forum who has the same experience?

Is this comparison between the HP Reverb G2 and the Oculus Rift S correct?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.