Posts by GACSavannah

Followup after more attempts...

After additional tweaking of the .tmc I am now getting a different error. I have now specified the Base output Folder and removed the full path from the output folder. as it currently stands, I am showing the following paths in the .tmc file:

<[string8][base_output_folder][C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]>

<[tm_config_folderpair][element][1]
    <[string8][input_folder][c:/Aerofly Scenery Workshop/savannah/models/signature/ipacs_tgi]>
    <[string8][output_folder]["scenery/places/US/KSAV]>

Below is the error message when attempting to run the Content Converter. Note that now it is adding a double slash in front of the Aerofly FS 2 folder in the path, which is not included in the listed paths in the .tmc plus it is trying to add a "C: " inside the Aerofly FS2 folder, which certainly won't work.

/////// Start PASTE/////

0.22:
    0.23: using output folder 'C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents//Aerofly FS 2/'
    0.23:
    0.23: ====================================================================================
    0.24: converting folder = 'c:/Aerofly Scenery Workshop/savannah/models/signature/ipacs_tgi'
    0.24: ERROR: (cannot create output folder 'C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents//Aerofly FS 2/C:')
    0.25:
    0.25: // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.25: // SUMMARY
    0.26: // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.26: input folder 0 = 'c:/Aerofly Scenery Workshop/savannah/models/signature/ipacs_tgi'
    0.27: output folder 0 = 'C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents//Aerofly FS 2/C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/US/KSAV'
    0.27: file types = 'tsc' 'tgi' 'jpg' 'bmp' 'tif' 'png'
    0.30: 0 files copied
    0.31: 0 textures copied
    0.31: 0 sounds converted
    0.32: 0 geometries converted
    0.32: 1 errors

//////END PASTE/////

Hi Jan,

Yes, the tsc file is in the same folder. I did as you suggested and added full paths for the input and output folders. This did allow the converter to run when I clicked on the shortcut, and now it is giving me a message "something is wrong" with the tsc file.

When attempting to run the converter, I am getting the following error:

converting folder = 'c:/Aerofly Scenery Workshop/savannah/models/signature/ipacs_tgi'

ERROR: (error loading scenery definition file 'c:/Aerofly Scenery Workshop/savannah/models/signature//KSAV.tsc')

I notice that there is an extra '/' in the path. "....signature//KSAV.tsc".

I have double checked the tmc and the double slash is not included in the stated path. My stated path is " <[string8] [output_folder][Documents/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/US/KSAV]>"

I am wondering if that has something to do with the problem?

I am attempting to build upon the fscloudport Savannah (KSAV) airport, so it is that tsc file that I have modified for the new item being converted. below is my edit for the tsc file. I have added Element 48 only. Nothing else has been modified from the tsc file that came from fscloudport...

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][46]
    <[string8][type][object]>
    <[string8][geometry][c172_livery2_virtual_90_obj]>
    <[tmvector3d][position][-81.20615065 32.12525689 0]>
    >
    <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][47]
    <[string8][geometry][c172_livery2_virtual_90_obj]>
    <[tmvector3d][position][-81.20485004 32.12525938 0]>
    >
    <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][48]
    <[string8][geometry][SAV_Signature]>
    <[tmvector3d][position][-81.195905 32.122034 0]>
    >

Any further suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks everyone!

I am totally failing with trying to run the Scenery Content Converter to convert a .tgi file for scenery. I am presuming that I have failed either in installing the converter tool, or configuring the .tgi file

Background as follows:

1. I have installed the Content Converter using the install file, into a folder on my C: drive, c:/Aerofly FS2 Content Converter.

2. The scenery that I am attempting to import the scenery element into (the Output Folder) is located on my C: drive, c:/Documents/Aerofly FS2/scenery/ places/US/KSAV

3. I have created a .tgi model file and associated textures and have them in a folder (The Input Folder) on my C: drive, c:/Aerofly Scenery Workshop/savannah/models/signature/ipacs_tgi

This input folder contains the .tgi model file, all associated bmp texture files, a copy of the .tsc file from the Output folder, a shortcut to the Content Converter, and the content_converter_config.tmc file. The .tsc has been updated to reflect the new scenery element that I am trying to install.

The content_converter_config.tmc file, located in the input folder has the output and input folders marked as follows (Full copy of the .tmc will be added at the end of this request)....

<[string8][input_folder][savannah/models/signature/ipacs_tgi]>
    <[string8][output_folder][scenery/places/US/KSAV/]>

Resulting Error or failure is as follows:

RIGHT clicking on either the output folder, or any of its higher level folders does NOT provide a link to run the scenery content converter. Clicking on the shortcut to the Scenery Content Converter will run the converter, but it always errors with the message : "ERROR: (config file 'content_converter_config.tmc not found" . Again, the .tmc is in the input folder, however it does not seem to recognize that the tmc file is located in the same folder as every thing else, the output folder.

Any help on getting the Content_Converter properly setup to run would be greatly appreciated.

FULL TMC File is as follows...

<[file][][]
    <[tm_config][][]

<[string8][base_output_folder][]> // if this is empty it defaults to "C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/"
    <[string8][texture_base_type][ttx_dxt]>

<[list_tm_config_folderpair][folder_pairs][]

<[tm_config_folderpair][element][1]
    <[string8][input_folder][savannah/signature/ipacs_tgi]>
    <[string8][output_folder][scenery/places/US/KSAV]>
    <[string8][type][place]>
    <[uint32][recurse_level][0]>
    <[list_string8][file_types][tsc tgi jpg bmp tif png ]>
    <[list_tm_texture_settings][texture_settings][]
    <[tm_config_folderpair][element][0]
    <[list_string8][regex][.*]>
    <[bool][compressed][true]>
    <[bool][compress_file][true]>
    <[bool][flip_vertical][false]>
    <[bool][mipmaps][true]>
    <[uint][max_size][2048]>
    <[bool][make_square][true]>
    >
    >
    <[tm_config_geometry_settings][geometry_settings][]
    <[float32][collision_mesh_quality][0]>
    >
    >

>
    >
    >

Thank you!!! Kerry (GACSavannah)

GACSavannah, can you try to run the conversion an a SSD?

SSD, as in a Solid State Hard Drive? Unfortunately I don't have one to try it on.

I just made it home from work, and a second square, just to the west of the first one (hence, much less masking going on) that I had started running about 1am in now complete, so it went faster than the first one. It was still running at 5am when I left, so sometime between 5am and now it completed. Either way, it took considerable less time than the first square did.

I believe Zoom = scenery resolution. I think zoom 17 = 1m/pix Google resolution but Nick will have to confirm.

Regarding the levels and zoom, I found the following in the GeoConvert Readme file...

" For aerial images to appear at larger distances and to keep texture usage low,

Aerofly FS 2 uses textures with a varying coverage. At the base the whole earth

is covered by a single texture, we call that level 0. As a next step the whole

earth is covered by 2x2 level 1 textures, then 4x4 level 2 textures and so on.

Its recommended that your aerial images are converted to level 9, 11, 12, 13 and

14 to give a good coverage. Level 14 is roughly 1m per pixel."

I have completed my first square, but have not had time to test it. This thing took a whopping 30 HOURS to compile 1 square at AFS2 levels 9,10,11,12,13,14 !!!! Kazowa!

I am thinking that because I choose a square that contains mostly water (Click on Hilton Head Island to see the square ..N32 W81) and I selected the option to create masks is the reason? I'm hoping all those masks slowed it way down? I hope so anyways. Next is the square immediately to the left. Hopefully it will be faster.

I am in the middle of building some custom scenery for a different sim (X-Plane 11) and am wondering, because I have not yet tried any scenery development in Aerofly… If I develop scenery for Aerofly, can the models I have been creating with Sketchup for XP be modified to be imported into some Aerofly scenery as well, or an I limited to using default buildings and such?

So, back to the TMD file. I was playing around the other day, just trying to teach myself how things work. I decided as a learning experiment to modify the flaps on a plane to make them rotate further than standard (No particular reason why, I just wanted to pick 'something' and that's what I settled on). The TMD file seemed the logical place to do this. Was I on the right track?