Posts by mickatmian

Ray can I respectfully suggest you start from scratch?

Set up folders the following folders on your E? drive: myscenerytest - scenery - images - test1.

Place your generated files in the test1 folder.

copy/past this to your main.mcf folder: <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\myscenerytest]> change the drive letter if not E

If this does not work I am at a loss.

The above file structure works for me be it in lowercase, uppercase and with spaces.

Hope this helps

Mick

Just been told by the boss I have to do some gardening so will see if it works for you later.

Have you tried to calibrate the throttles in Aerofly? Go to the control settings and click the device in the list at the bottom. Then click the crosshairs button in the top right. Make sure the levers are at 50% when you center the controls.

Hi Jan,

Yes I have done that, but as I said it just jumps from centre to full throttle, even on the set up screen.

To be a bit clearer that happens with the last millimetre of travel on the levers. (even on the Cessna 172) but everything works correctly if I setup any of the other 4 levers as throttles.

Nothing wrong with the controller, as I said works perfectly in my other sims.

I may well be wrong but I suspect something changed in the setup programme.

Mick

Hi All,

I am having a problem with my CH throttle setup.

The two LH levers used as the throttles no longer have a linear action, they are ok to the centre then jump from centre to full throttle. if I set up center or RH as throttles they work as expected.

I can't be certain but I am fairly sure they were ok before the last update.

I have reset the controller numerious times to no effect.

Anyone with CH throttles that can cofirm this? For information the controller works perfectly in my other sims.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mick

I did try it with E:\aerofly\scenery\images\files and it didn't work.

I have never trusted folder names with spaces so I opted not to use My scenery as a folder name.

Sorry it does not work for you Ray that's computers I guess.

With regard to spaces in file/folder names I have used them for years without problems, it's probably a throw back to dos days when spaces could not be used, and still can't.

Sure you will get it sorted eventually.

Mick

Note the way my folders/files are setup the scenery folder is not addressed directly but is inside a folder on my E drive called "MY Scenery" (This folder can be named anything you like).

This is the folder that needs to be addressed, in my case: <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

Ray your screen shot shows that you are still addressing a folder called scenery, as I said before that will not work, the scenery folder needs to be inside another folder in my case "My Scenery" .

It takes 10 minutes at the most to try what I have been telling you, all you have to do is follow what I have said previously and it will work.

Set up a folder on your E drive, humour me, call it My Scenery then move your scenery folder into it.

copy my string8 above and paste into main.mcf

Mick

Hi Ray,

Just as a test I changed the main mcf reference from My Scenery to aerofly <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

<[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\aerofly]>

And changed My Scenery folder on my E drive to aerofly all other folders untouched and it works just the same.

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs but I notice your main mcf file is E:\aerofly\ scenery delete the \scenery reference and it should work.

Mick

Hi Ray,

Note the way my folders/files are setup the scenery folder is not addressed directly but is inside a folder on my E drive called "MY Scenery" (This folder can be named anything you like).

This is the folder that needs to be addressed, in my case: <[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

Folders on the E drive as my last post My Scenery - scenery - images - Lincs-1

In my case Lincs-1 is the folder I saved the generated files to but could be named "test" or anything you like, but the files must be in a folder, not placed directly in the images folder.

Hope this is a clearer explanation.

Mick

Hi.

This works for me:

<[string8][extra_user_folder][E:\My Scenery]>

These are my folders on drive E My Scenery - scenery - images - Lincs-1 the last being the folder I saved the map files in.

I could not get it to work without the adding the "images" folder.

Hope this helps

Mick

I actually put this information here: Having trouble with the new geoconvert tool; Please Read

A couple of weeks ago.

Mick

I never said I would abandon Aerofly FS2 I said I would use P3d for Ga,I was already alternating between the two sims anyway. Like a lot of people I have a big investment in other sims, but I will still use Aerofly to learn how to use the AP in the A320 etc.

As for being patient I waited 30 years to get to where we are now.

Aerofly FS2 has the potential to be a great sim.

Mick

If you are using an 34" monitor and can't see the PAPI from e.g. 5NM then maybe your graphic settings are incorrect. Have you thought about that?

If you can visualize a 3deg glideslope (congrats btw) why do you need a PAPI if I may ask.

So you are disregarding a flightsim due to a single feature you don't need, is that correct?

Sorry but you seem to be looking for an argument which I have no wish to take part in. Each to their own.

I've already noted down your concern and will forward the issue to the developer. I can imagine he will increase the PAPI light brightness towards the approach sector so that you can see the PAPIs better if you are aligned with the runway

Thanks Jan much appreciated.

Mick

That's kind of a weird reason. If you are flying IFR and are following the ILS you don't need a PAPI.

If you read what I wrote you would know I I mainly fly vfr. and yes I can visualize the glide slope, but what is the use of PAPI lights if they cannot be seen until I am on the runway. Anyway it is what it is and no one else seems bothered by it, but I suspect most fly ifr and follow the ils.

Yes I do fly Ga from larger airports most of the time but not exclusively.

Mick

Well it looks like I am a minority of one.

They may now represent the real world PAPI lights better but in the RW they are a 1000 times bigger than looking at pinpricks on my 34" monitor.

I can barely make them out at touch down in daylight but they are fine at night.

I'm all for realism but lets not forget it's a simulation on a small screen.

I mainly fly GA vfr without a flight plan, been doing that for 30+ years with numerous flight sims and never had this problem before.

Visual flight corridors, I don't think so.

As much as I like Aerofly FS2 it's back to P3D+Orbx for Ga.

I guess I will have to learn to fly the A320 properly (what a fantastic model that is) wont need the PAPI lights if the aircraft lands it's self! I was having a lot of fun and learning a lot setting up 6m out for manual landings in the A 320 and others.

Mick

Hi,

Why have the PAPI lights been reduced in size/intensity?

I cannot detect the runway from more than a couple of miles out.

Ok I'm 72 and partially colour blind but I could see them clearly yesterday.

Mick