Posts by larrylynx

Sorry unable to help as I do not have a Mac, perhaps Jetpack or other Mac users will offer some advice. Please ensure you downloaded the Release version as the WIP versions didn't have the options files and it's normally the lack of these that causes this error.

Steve

I have indeed done a comparison and agree with your findings. My system is what you may call average so its just my observations so far using Rift CV1

MSFS2020 VR. Visually superior but needs most of the details reducing to avoid frame stutter, even then it's still not good. Noticeable barn door

X-Plane 11 VR. Works well for the most part but still stutters occasionally. Kind of looks cartoonish at times. Cockpits tend to look smaller, tiny in some cases.

DCS VR. Works great, flies great, is great but it's a combat sim so not for everyone.

FS2 VR. Fantastic in VR but lacks a lot of features. Perhaps the introduction of better weather, ATC and AI may well reduce this but time will tell. Apache looks great in VR, yes I'm biased ;)

Just my two pence worth

Steve

Make a backup of the a320.TMD just in case. Master Obi Jan may not approve and may correct what I say but this is my understanding.

The nose sounds are controlled in this TMD file, towards the very end of the TMD line 56727

Here you can see the nose volume, it has 2 components, input0 gets multiplied by input1

<[soundmultiply][GroundRollVolumeNose][]

<[string8][Input0][GroundRollFactorNose.Output]>

<[string8][Input1][GroundRollFactorNose1.Output]>

>

you could try to adjust the GroundRollFactorNose, this entry is above the one above, line 56691

<[soundmapping][GroundRollFactorNose][]

<[string8][Input][GroundRollLoadNose.Output]>

<[tmvector2d][Map][ (0.0 0.1) (1000.0 1.0) ]>

>

I would guess this is the load factor on the wheel mapped to the GroundRollFactorNose.Output, so maybe raising it above 1.0 may help. Same for the 2 mains

Adjusting GroundRollFactorNose1 is speed to output, as it's the wheel I suspect radian/sec though it could be aircraft speed in m/sec . The 5 entries for GroundRollFactorNose1 are similar to a U shaped graph.

Any updates to FS2 will overwrite what you have changed, Steam may also do this during it's checks too.

Steve

From what little information we can get from the pics it looks like you are ' landing' at...well, no where really

There doesn't appear to be any runway so how about sticking up some more information, like what was the airport, is it a user airport, what was the route.

Also does this happen at a default airport

If you want something fixing how about giving Jetpack the information he needs

Steve

Hi Pascal

Your wish is my command

Here are some Lynx7 start files. Just unzip and place in the main lynx7 directory

There is no start at the end of the runway, too much work involved for that one as the main tmq is set up for cold and dark. :/

What you can do is select a parking place or helipad and it will give you option for ready to depart or cold and dark. Select ready to depart and off you go. Cold and dark works ok too.

clean and landing seem to work you just have to be ready for things, rotors are slightly low but nothing you ace pilots can't handle.:thumbup:

No guarantees so if they cause problems just delete them =O

Have fun

Steve

Hi All

Just posted the release version of the Apache, can really take it much further at the moment, still need to work on nav stuff which I plan to do now, If I work it out I will add it to the Lynx.

Also included a manual, Cold and dark for the geeks, plus the paintkits

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…a-version-1-00/

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…8-ah64a-manual/

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…kits-for-ah64a/

Time for a rest, think I've earned it:rolleyes:

Steve

I was going to say I have checked google and just seen a pic of a 500 with analog instruments, then I realised it was from FS2 (DOH)

I'm going to have a stab in the dark here but I would guess the 3D model used by FS2 was by someone else and licensed by IPACS. Also, at the time the 500 would have been included the EFIS type gauges were not yet in the sim. Hence why all my aircraft/heli's feature analog instruments. These EFIS type need to be done by Master Obi Jan and are aircraft specific.

Of course I could be completely wrong, it's something I'm very good at according to my other half :/

Steve

If your goal is to learn navigation and to fly at the same time, may I suggest flying a C172, it's way more stable.

Helicopters have a nasty habit of not staying still, bit like trying to balance a ball on top of another ball. So whilst your trying to understand where you are going the helicopter will most likely go off in another direction whilst your not keeping an eye on it. Once you know the basics of navigation then yes fly the R22, get comfortable with that then move on to the other helicopters. Automation is great but you still need the basics.

Yes it's boring flying a C172 but it's that way for a reason, you learn what you need without it biting your backside when your not looking,

Steve

Hi

Glad to see your making progress, it's not easy at times as I know all to well.

With regard to the roll, I have noticed this too with my Apache, I'm thinking it could be caused by my joystick and not from the sim so something to check before you join the madness of chasing a problem that isn't there.

Have you read the Wiki concerning the ServoClassic. there are more inputs you could apply. Of course you need a degree in maths to understand it =O

Steve

Hi Heli fans, bit long but bear with me

After the recent changes by IPACS and some sterling work by Jetpack I have just posted update 6. Yes this one works :)

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…&categoryID=135

The recent changes required quite a lot of work to the rotor system, and this being FS2, meant that lots more things are effected along the way ( benefits and drawbacks of having a truly accurate simulator I guess)

There is still more work to be undertaken as she is quite lively and also quite docile. Strangely she flies better at a lower rotor speed, as Jetpack said she would, but she also losses too much rotor speed so I need to find a better way of governing this. If you watch the rotor gauge you will see what I mean.

So on to the reason for update 5. Apart from it works.

I am at the stage where texturing and modelling appear finished so I would appreciate Apache fliers giving her some admiring looks and reporting any errors that need fixing. This is both external and internal. If all looks good I will upload the paintkits.

Please fly from both seats and report back what needs adjusting etc. Don't be shy just report it.

You can start from cold and dark. To start the engines either be in external power or start the APU with the battery on. APU located on right side panels at the back. Just a switch, lights on CWP will advise, hydraulics will rise, electrics on line etc.

Cockpit is ok for night flying. Warning bugs and lights for radar altitude for the low fliers. Nav systems need checking out. To change between VOR and TACAN use the rotary knob on the main panel pedestal, lights will tell you which is on. I think the TACAN tunes but I don't have enough hours in the day at the moment.

Bind a joystick button for taxi lights ( for hover hold) and beacon light ( for heading hold), similar to lynx. For the brave bind landing light, this will enable approach mode ( auto stabilator), why brave, well it doesn't work correctly at the moment.

For the really brave (or stupid) you can deselect the trim by moving the BUCS tst switch (ASE Panel) to the center position. Just a bit of fun this one.

As I said from the beginning the idea of producing updates is to let you see what's involved and now to get your participation. Maybe a different way to do things but there's only me in the office and wearing so many hats it's easy to miss the obvious and also to loose track of where you are.

As the modelling/texturing is 'complete' I can spend more time on flight tuning. 95% of the systems are done.

With regard to time.. I am due to start skin cancer treatment for the next 8 weeks so I may have less than hoped for depending on how I feel, I may also have more as I'm in total lockdown. Of course the other half may give me a push down the stairs as my comedy routines are wearing a bit thin.

All the best and keep safe.

Steve