AH64A Apache version 1.0

• Hi All

Just posted the release version of the Apache, can really take it much further at the moment, still need to work on nav stuff which I plan to do now, If I work it out I will add it to the Lynx.

Also included a manual, Cold and dark for the geeks, plus the paintkits

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…a-version-1-00/

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…8-ah64a-manual/

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…kits-for-ah64a/

Time for a rest, think I've earned it:rolleyes:

Steve

• Great job and THANKS A LOT Steve for this wonderful achievement! :thumbup:

Only small regret for the Lynx, it would also have been good to have the 2 modes, either Auto or Cold and dark

so that novices and lazy like me can enjoy it without having to read.=O;(

Have a good rest and take care of all of you.:sleeping:;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Great job and THANKS A LOT Steve for this wonderful achievement! :thumbup:

Only small regret for the Lynx, it would also have been good to have the 2 modes, either Auto or Cold and dark

so that novices and lazy like me can enjoy it without having to read.=O;(

Have a good rest and take care of all of you.:sleeping:;)

Totally agree it's a detailed masterpiece. The only other things missing are kinetic systems but this demonstrates the massive complexity without considering firepower. It also frees the mind to concentrate on flight and that's a lot.

I also agree - an auto step by step cold & dark startup especially for VR - that would take it to another level.

😎👍🏼👍🏼

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Hi I have just installed on my mac FS 2 (non steam) in the add-on airplane directory. I can select a flavour of the Apache. It even tells me loading apache helicopter but when it starts I have a cessna plane :-(... Any idea what goes wrong? I have used the latest 1,0 version

• Sorry unable to help as I do not have a Mac, perhaps Jetpack or other Mac users will offer some advice. Please ensure you downloaded the Release version as the WIP versions didn't have the options files and it's normally the lack of these that causes this error.

Steve

• Once again a big thank you Steve for everything you have created for the community:thumbup:

and all my best wishes for the New Year :!::!::!::)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Hi I have just installed on my mac FS 2 (non steam) in the add-on airplane directory. I can select a flavour of the Apache. It even tells me loading apache helicopter but when it starts I have a cessna plane :-(... Any idea what goes wrong? I have used the latest 1,0 version

Thank you for this information.

Can you please show the lines with the error messages for the airfields from the tm.log? Maybe I can adjust something for the airports where I am involved.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Here are my results:

I save the additional planes in this directory on the MacBook Pro:

- /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft

- Note: this is not the "addon“ directory:

/Users/username/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/aircraft

The AH64A Apache version 1.00 only works for me with the STEAM version of Aerofly FS2.:)

With the Apple version of Aerofly FS2 I unfortunately only see the red cube STOP.:(

However, in the Apple version of Aerofly FS2, the first version of AH64A Apache works for me from 2020-07-20 (https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…1004-ah64a-wip/)

Unfortunately, I do not know at the moment what the reason could be that as of update 2 I only see the red cube STOP. It should only be a small adjustment.:/

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• On the PC version we have a TM.log in the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Aerofly FS 2. Does this file also exist on the mac. if so can you post it.

This file will normally explain why the dreaded red cube has appeared

Also, many thanks for all the messages, really appreciated :thumbup:

Steve

• On the PC version we have a TM.log in the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Aerofly FS 2. Does this file also exist on the mac. if so can you post it.

This file will normally explain why the dreaded red cube has appeared

Also, many thanks for all the messages, really appreciated :thumbup:

Steve

Oops, I could have thought of that myself:X(

Files

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• HI Michael

It would seem the MAC is less tolerant than the PC as it runs with no errors on the PC.

I looked at the errors in your file and I have hopefully corrected them. Perhaps the 4 "NAV1Frequency.Set" may still cause me problems. They relate to the TACAN, which works perfectly on the PC.

I will PM the updated file as I don't want to include a updated TMQ file on the forum until I know its working fine. Once all is Ok I will post it over on the Flight-sim.org site so everyone can update.

Steve

• Hi Michael

Thanks for the updated log file. The new file did find yet another minor error which I have corrected. Quite why it didn't find this error the first time is past my pay grade.

We do still have the NAV1Frequency errors but I can't see why that should be so I will consult with Master Obi Jan next week. He's on a well earned break so I'll leave him in peace.

Happy New Year to you and all the other forum members

Steve

• Please find attached the latest data from my TM.log during the Apache loading procedure.

28.72-tmsimulator: loading model 'apache': name='apache' folder='/Users/stefanvandemaele/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/aircraft/apache/'\

28.72-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='apache') (directory='/Users/stefanvandemaele/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/aircraft/apache/')\

28.72-tmmodelmanager: loading configfile '/Users/stefanvandemaele/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/aircraft/apache/apache.tmc'\

28.73-tmmodelmanager: contact points 3: (-9.748 -0.000 -2.203 r=0.165) (1.126 1.031 -2.051 r=0.320) (1.126 -1.031 -2.051 r=0.320)\

28.74-tmmodelmanager: option folders 1: (/Users/stefanvandemaele/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/aircraft/apache/)\

28.75-tmmodelmanager: filename apache.tmb\

29.72-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics begin 'apache'...\

29.74-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'GPSNavigationSystem.OutputNextWaypointElevation' not found\

29.74-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'NAV1Frequency.Set' not found\

29.75-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'NAV1Frequency.Set' not found\

29.76-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'LightingPilotFlood.Output.Output' not found\

29.77-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'LightingPilotFlood.Output.Output' not found\

29.77-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: object 'HSIDistanceStrength' not found\

29.77-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'HSIDistanceStrength.Output' not found\

29.79-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: object 'APUN1' not found\

29.79-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'APUN1.Output' not found\

29.79-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: object 'CoPilotDoorPosition' not found\

29.80-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: property 'CoPilotDoorPosition.Output' not found\

29.81-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: error loading tmd file 'apache'.\

29.88-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='c172') (directory='aircraft/c172/')\

29.88-tmmodelmanager: loading configfile 'aircraft/c172/c172.tmc'\

29.89-tmmodelmanager: contact points 3: (0.240 1.268 -0.923 r=0.212) (0.240 -1.268 -0.923 r=0.212) (1.924 0.000 -1.079 r=0.193)\

29.90-tmmodelmanager: option folders 1: (aircraft/c172/)\

29.91-tmmodelmanager: filename c172.tmb\

30.89-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics begin 'c172'...\

31.17-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics end: (id=1) (692 dynamics) (738 graphics) (172 sound) (ny=761) (nz=220)\

31.17-tmmodelmanager: \

31.17-tmmodelmanager: mass: 985.0 ( 0.682 0.000 0.151 )\

31.17-tmmodelmanager: 1 multibody joints / 1 components\

31.34-tmrigidbodygraphics: creating threaded tmpaint instance for 'DisplayTexture' and texture 'display_light'\

31.35-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/fontdisplay.tff'=(512x472) (h=45) (nc=25992) ok\

31.36-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/hud.tff'=(512x196) (h=48) (nc=123) ok\

31.36-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/fonthelp.tff'=(512x415) (h=57) (nc=188) ok\

31.37-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/segment.tff'=(512x196) (h=48) (nc=124) ok\

31.44-tmrigidbodygraphics: creating threaded tmpaint instance for 'LcdTexture' and texture 'lcd_color'\

31.45-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/fontdisplay.tff'=(512x472) (h=45) (nc=25992) ok\

31.45-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/hud.tff'=(512x196) (h=48) (nc=123) ok\

31.46-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/fonthelp.tff'=(512x415) (h=57) (nc=188) ok\

31.47-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/segment.tff'=(512x196) (h=48) (nc=124) ok\

31.53-tmsimulator: done loading model c172 (repaint=)\

31.53-tmsimulator: \

31.53-tmfile_properties: ERROR: (tm2file::LoadFile failed. error loading file '/Users/stefanvandemaele/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/aircraft/apache/copilot.tmc')\

31.54-tmterrain: creating terrain landmark class begin\

31.54-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/landmarks.tff'=(512x512) (h=45) (nc=8365) ok\

}

• This would appear to be a MAC problem as the PC version works fine even with these errors. I have corrected most of the errors (plus another one) as seen in your TM.log

I am stuck on the NAV1Frequency.Set error. I plan to ask Jetpac for help but he is on a well earned vacation at the moment so it will have to wait.

Once I have corrected this error I will post a new TMQ file.

Steve