Posts by chrispriv

Thank you very much drassaud !

Looks great! This will also fit very well with my scene of Zermatt that is still under construction. ;)

Just one question: Can you also implement the Gornergrat. It's also form the same author "art61" on 3D Warehouse?

Else I would try to do it myself.

Regards,
    Christophe

Hello Didier,

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][8]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][LSGBsp2007]>

<[vector3_float64][position][6.984387 46.259110 399.9]> ---> absolute altitude 399.9 meters

<[float64][orientation][-1]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][0]> ---> 0 = autoheight Off

>

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][9]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][lsgb_t]>

<[vector3_float64][position][6.988578 46.256478 0.2]> ---> relative ground-level + 0.2 meters

<[float64][orientation][25]>

<[int32][autoheight_override][-1]> ---> -1 = autoheight On

It seam also to have the [autoheight_override-value] [1]. --->Does somebody now the meaning/effect of it?

Regards,

Christophe

Merci quand même Michael.

Dans mon cas, je suis hors de la zone d'un aéroport. Je recherche s'il est possible de décompiler le fichier de cultivation générale ensemble de la Corse. Ensuite AFS2 Scenery Editor peut très bien supprimer des objets bâtiments et cultivation ... mais il faudrait le recompiler !.

Bonsoir Michel,

Selon ma connaissance, contrairement à la default-végétation de IPAC, il n’existe effectivement aucun moyen d’exclure une zone ou de décomprimer une cultivation comprimée.

Vous devez effectivement demander à l'auteur de le faire ou d'obtenir la version non comprimée.

Christophe

And I can't understant why I have no problem with two buildings (the tower and the building below) and problems appear with a third, one that uses the same textures

Hello Didier,

My experience:

Using autoheight on, FS2 calculates for every used texture in an object his own a kind of "center of gravity", that is different from the center-point of the model (!). This cause the level-issue with the different textures if the terrain is not flat.

Question:
    Do you have only one object and are you using autoheight on?

Using only one texture (after reducing the textures/drawcalls witch MCX) or with autoheight off (absolute height-method) you won't have the issue.

An other solution for fixed-placed-buildings is to compile several objects with the same center-coordinates (so it fits) individually and to adapt the level manually for each object or even single compiled texture.

Finally - that may be very challenging - it's also possible to make "symmetric" resp. "balanced" objects, where every used texture has the same "center of gravity" by using resp. underlaying not visible parts of the object with this texture to "balance it out".

Regards,

Christophe

One more question: I have Switzerland Neuchatel 2019 by IZ0JUB installed. Do both play well? This all gets a bit complicated as we don't have a scenery layering system.

According to Michael's ( IZ0JUB ) description, it is primarily an additional photo-texture, which also contains a cultivation.

It should be compatible with Swiss Refineries as described at all:

"This works well with Swiss Refineries Neochatel and Collombey Addition For Aerofly FS2 by TomSimMuc, 2019"

So status quo for the part of Collombey refineries (area28 of the existing scenerie), just Bex (area45) with his Airfield has been improved now!

OK?

Kind regards,

Christophe

Bonsoir Michel,

Comme Michael l’estime, la référence à l’objet ne semble pas être correcte.

Le nom de l’objet est "100m_support_tower_obj". Ainsi, il manque probablement que le "_obj" à la fin:
    <[string8][geometry][com_tower_models/100m_support_tower/100m_support_tower
    _obj]>

Les fichiers "* .skp", la il s’agit des fichiers originaux des modèles de SketschUp. Ils ne sont pas nécessaires ainsi que les images "*. jpg".

Seul le fichier *. tmb" du modèle Aerofly FS2 avec les textures appropriées "*.ttx" sont nécessaires.

J'ai fait la Corse il y a quelque temps, certainement pas si détaillé que le vôtre. De ce point de vue une comparaison serait intéressante.

Regards,
    Christophe

À la première vue, ce sont surtout les deux signes ">" qui déranges:

Un autre point: le code ICAO doit être unique, sinon le fichier est ignoré. Comme il ne s’agit pas d’un aérodrome, il est préférable de laisser le code ICAO vide.

De manière générale, il est préférable de mettre tous les objets dans un seul fichier * .tsc, dans la mesure où la distance le permet.

Essayez le fichier modifié: pigno2_tv (1)_mod.txt

Regards,

Christophe

Hello,

Strange, I also had the same/similar issue again yesterday evening, just the one flying VR with vulcan-drivers. Beta on Steam is turned Off.

Well, I tried to reproduce it. It's a kind of overload with a "memory-effect". This means that a setup with quite resource-intensive parameters or sceneries (also with a pixel-density over 1.0) works well, and then having a kind of "tilt" and even not working with the lowest parameter and settings again!

So I now know just how to avoid such a situation and it would takes me a lot of time to fix it again (in the past there was just a lower performance while running; but not remaining changing to a lower resolution, lower graphic-settings, fying a simpler aircraft, a low denity scenery with lowest resolution etc.):

- not running in 4K while using VR/vulcan (and VSync on); always chosing windows-mode

- shadows off (lowest)

- "Show the normal view on the main-mointor" chosing: No (with seperate view for the left and the right eye)

The last parameter on "Yes" seams to have the biggest impact, causing this issue, that remains. This means that even the exatly same scenery resp. configuration that has been working before properly, dosn't work anymore after having changed this parameter (the same happens changing again back to a 4K Resolution with this parameter off…).

Regards,

Christophe

Hello Didier,

I had the same issue flying in VR a few days ago (coincidence?). Also some of the static aircrafts of the XREF-library suddenly get lost. I tried a lot of things like the integrity-check of Steam, graphic card-drivers, reloading Steam VR application etc., this all without having any success.

Finally it was a kind of corrupted "main.mcf"-file in my user-document-folder.

First try just to deactivate Vulcan, then change the zoom-factor and others in the VR-Settings, maybe also other graphic-settings. Finally turn on Vulcan again and change the settings again. Maybe it will work again without doing the hole configuration again. Hope it just works also for you!

If not, to be sure to really locate the bug, rename your "...\Aerofly FS 2\..."-User Folder an keep it at backup. Then Aerofly FS2 after next start will generate a new folder and "virgin" config-file. In my case everything worked again very properly.

Finally i could fix the problem as described without having to reconfigurate everything and without having to migrate all my sceneries, aircrafts and addons from my user-folder-backup.

Hope it also works for you!

Regards,

Christophe

Christophe,

just for your information:

I use AC3D, because IPACS added an aerofly export program to it.

We can define an absolute mesh instead of a relative mesh for the airport.

Great - I'll try it!

I had already a first look on your scenery:
    So "<[int32][autoheight_override][0]>" makes it absolute (with the altitude over sea-level in meters as level). Correct?

I have one more question regarding the level-correction. Even after having flatten the ground of the airport (runway & apron) using AC3D, objects like a hangar still need to have a level-correction. It seems that the level refers still to the original ground-mesh.

It doesn't make a difference, if I place the object on the ground-mesh within the airport-model in AC3D, compiling it with the correct airport-reference point or just compiling it as single-placed object. I also tried to set the boolean [autoheight][false] without any effects.

What I'm doing wrong? Is where a way that the level of my airport-objects refers to the flat runway/apron-ground?

And what is impact of setting [bool] [autoheight] to [false]?

Regards,

Christophe

You have to export (I think it's not include in the free online-version - use Sketchup make 2017) the modell as Collada (*.dae). Then you are able to import it in ModellConverterX.

Converting objects with ModellConverterX has a lot of hints. To get better results watch first the video-tutorial "Aerofly FS2: Import 3D models" form Rodeo on YouTube.

Just I always add an object-placement and export it directly as "*.tsc"-scenery (instead of an IPACS-object "*.tgi"). It's much easier.

Regards,

Christophe

Well, I nether tried out with such a small exclusion, but it also should work.

Here it is:

Add in the cultivation section the name of the *.toc-file with the exclusion-data (and optional the file-name containing the new cultivation of trees):

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][element][0]

<[string8][filename][Savoleyres_treesExcl]>

<[string8][building_textures_folder][]>

<[bool][auto_height][true]>

>

<[tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][element][0]

<[string8][filename][Savoleyres_treesDef]>

<[string8][building_textures_folder][]>

<[bool][auto_height][true]>

>

The file "Savoleyres_treesExcl.toc" contains for this example the coordinates of exclusion of the default-vegetation and has the following content:

<[file][][]

<[cultivation][][]

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[vegetation_exclusion_zone_list][vegetation_map_exclusion_zone_list][]

<[vegetation_map_exclusion_zone][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][min][7.2000 46.1000]>

<[vector2_float64][max][7.2500 46.1500]>

>

>

>

>

Hope it work's!

Regards,

Christophe

I'm tired of putting hours of work into a small scenery only to see default trees sticking out of the roof of my buildings and the only way to amend this is to delete a vegetation file with 100 sqkm worth of trees and completely rebuild the vegetation from scratch.

Hi,

My experience is also that with Sketchup it is not possible to create an airport ground or to flatten a ground. So I just add a pedestal under my objects and I'm content to make a simple correction of level to ground in the *.tsc-file, so that my objects are not flying anymore (it doesn't works with cultivation yet).

Regarding the trees from the default vegetation, however, it is already possible in a simple way to exclude a small area without having to identify and delete the entire file and make the whole area new (it doesn't works with OSM-based cultivation-trees and objects like buildings). If you are interested I can show
    you how to do it.

Otherwise, I would also like from IPACS to be able to implement a flat ground in a simple way and to define an absolute and not only relative mesh for airport-creation. Working a lot on mountain-sceneries it also would be great if a "level to ground"-correction works for cultivation-objects.

Cheers,

Christophe

Many thanks for your great feedback!

This gives me the motivation, to implement some more small or middle airports.

First steps with AC3D are very hard, making a lot of mistakes, producing a) nothing. b) large holes in the ground or c) just small holes in the ground:

Converting single-objects on a non-flat mesh with more than one texture may look like this (even making a flat airport-ground, the mesh remains not flat):

After this first "making of LSGN", I think I got it now, more or less! ;)

So, I hope to do my next upload till begin of September.

First, I also will be on holiday for the next two weeks.

@Trespassers: I’m looking forward for your update of LSGY Yverdon! If it doesn’t work with 3DSMax, maybe it can be done using AC3D . Good Luck!

Regards,

Christophe