Posts by chrispriv

Hello Heideflieger,

Unfortunately, the different cultivations are not compatible and can not be combined with each other, because they have as you noticed different coverages at the level of the tiles. With the exception of the older cultivation by drassaud, these are also not editable resp. can't be adapted if necessary, which is a big disadvantage. Further only the cultivation of IZ0JUB has integrated the trees on base of OSM data, but this unfortunately not separated. And then there is an overlay with the vegetation from the Swiss DLC, causing performance issues due to double definition.

Also it also has many conflicts with current and future special cultivation (e.g. Swiss huts by drassaud, my "Croix de coers"-alpine scenery near Verbier or future scenery like Sion or Zermatt Heli, apezial cultivation for Bern etc.). This is the reason that I often can not share my work, cause it wouldn't work for most users. Therefore, there is no alternative for me at the moment than the one from drassaud, cause it is not compressed and can be adapted.

On the other hand, the new cultivation of IZ0JUB is very nice, I wish it also covering the whole of Switzerland, but this editable and with the trees separated (and an exclusion if the default vegetation of the Swiss DLC). Also, the new cultivation must be constantly maintained and be adjusted if necessary.

Finally, the cultivation for Switzerland would have to be completely redone from scratch, this with the same look and feel as the new Swiss Alps cultivation.

Currently I do not have the capacity to implement this completely, is very very much work behind it. Just started with the first tiles and got in touch with IZ0JUB /Michael, but would need support from other user for editing to be able to engage this project and to get finished some time in the future.

Best regards,

Christophe

Hello Jean-Paul,

For me, it still works very well. I have tried it both, with a new and an older airport.

I'm still able to change the tower model and choose different objects models resp. to change it.

Have you tried it with different Browsers? Maybe a firewall- resp. security- setting?

Best regards,

Christophe

Hello Marco,

Big compliments from my part! :thumbup:

Really great how you did the smooth transitions with the colour adjustments to DLC Switzerland from IPACS.

I was able to take my first flights in the boarder area. Just no way to figure out if I'm flying the Swiss DLC or your scenery. :/

For this reason, I have taken a closer look at what you have effectively achieved, also to make it visible to other users.

So you masked each image of the othos along the Swiss DLC boundary in very detailed manner by following the mountain ridges, glacier tongues and valleys:

Boarder of Swiss DLC (with bad resp. missing texture - near Cervinia at the Italian side of the Matterhorn)

Your Alps-Scenery (masked on the italian side of the boarder)

The result with both scenery merged - to enjoy!

... and the same process with masking along motorways, roads, rivers etc. to make this great transition (circled is even a cut-out motorway bridge!):

Boarder of Swiss DLC (with bad resp. missing texture)

Your Alps-Scenery (masked)

The result with both scenery merged - to enjoy!

A very huge job with a great scenery for our community as result - many Thanks! :love:  :thumbup:

I'm looking foreward for your Austria-Extension!

Christophe

Hello Heideflieger,

I'm still working on my mega scenery Vancouver BC project as well as contributing a little bit for Hawaii next part if requested.

After that, I will work on Swiss airports and scenery projects again.

The next one will be LSPG Kägiswil, using great models created by Pete (he kindly has given me permission to publish).

Here a first preview:

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/28059/

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/28061/

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/28060/

Kind regards,

Christophe

Hello Colin,

First of all a big thank you for your great animations for LSZH, as I am living near Zurich! It works fine for me.

Just a little suggestion from my side for future enhancements. It is recommended to use the definition "<[string8][type][objects]>" without ICAO code (instead of "...[airport]" with an ICAO code) for additional *.tsc files. The reason is that each ICAO code may only be used once resp. has to be unique. Otherwise the file will not be loaded. So you will avoid isssues.

Once again many thanks and greetings,

Christophe

Putting it on SSL may have had this side effect, i'll check

Hello Phil,

Are there any news resp. can you fix the issue?

I tried it yesterday unfortunately without success. Editing, however, works without problems.

I would like to add three missing airfields for my project Vancouver BC area. May I send you otherwise exceptionally the *.tsc base-data so that you can manually integrate them into the database and I will edit them afterwards?

Kind regards,

Christophe

Everything looks good to me at Miami Intl. Rwy 09/27!

The issue can also be caused by a bug of a third-party resp. user-scenery. Do the objects also appear at this place even if you have uninstalled the DLC?

Hello Tony,

Had a look on it. If you have for Part 1 this 7 folders containing the image files in the image directory, then your installation ist correct:

But there is effectively a small area that is not well covered in the scenery yet, this due to the used Bing-Map as a data source (marked in blue):

If the scenery/image files of Part 1 & 3 are completely installed, the area should look like this from high altitude (position north of yours looking to the south):

So I would have to try to merge the area with images from another sources. I will see if I can fix it within an further update. I have also fixed some of these bugs for BC East, but even then not all of them ...

Regards,

Christophe