Posts by vogel69

La Martinique in VR

Sorry I may be having a little too strong coffe before taking off... So don't forget your vomit bag <X^^

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hello everyone,

To get my hands on the AFS2 SDK, I started some time ago to try to create a scenery of the French island: "La Martinique". Since I was working mostly from open-data sources, I said that I would share my work with you when it was finished. Unfortunately, as time passes, I realize that I can not devote enough time to it. This scene is probably far from finished but I decided to share it with you now because if I wait it is completely finished, you risk having to wait a long time ... a very long time :D

I did not have time to work on the only one airport of the island, so that is why you will find in this package only a very basic airport with a transparent runway without building (thanks to Trespassers for flatten). I can only advise you to go to FSCloudPort and download a more worked airport done by TomSimMuc...

you can download this scenery in Flight-Sim.org here -> https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…eeware-scenery/

be forewarned that the file is a bit big about 1Go :)

La Martinique v1.0.1

Disclaimer:

This scenery can not be sold, it is provided free without any guarantee. What it contains: ground photo, elevation data, generic autogen building and vegetation, night lighting and a basic airport (track, flatten). What it does not contain: no modeled airport, no remarkable buildings, no VOR landmarks and many other things.,, Even if all the care was brought to its creation, it is not supposed to faithfully reproduce the reality. It is not free from defects (far from it) and you will probably find many abortions (trees and buildings missing or misplaced, floating house). Do not hesitate to report them to me, and if I find the time I will publish a corrected version later. I hope that you will take as much pleasure to fly over this scene that I took to create it ... Good flights!

Description:

This scenery covers all of Martinique island and includes a photoground cover reworked from IGN data (colorimetry, retouching and coast cleaning and clouds removing), an accurate elevation ground at 1 meter with Litto3D® data, a vegetation cover calculated according to the photo coverage via Scenproc® software, generic buildings (OpenStreetMap, Cadastre en) and night road lighting only in inhabited areas for a more realistic effect.

the provided Areoport Internalional Aimé Césaire is very simplified, summarizing only the position of the tracks without any autogen building on the area, It will be advantageously replaced by a more complete package downloadable on the Fscloudport (http: // www. fscloudport.com/ ) or a futur product.

Direct link to TomSimMuc airport >> http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/tfff.htm

! No full airport included !

Copyright:

Photo Ground:

BD ORTHO® 50 cm Martinique from IGN (Institut National de l'Information Géographique et Forestière) – under open licence 2.0 - Original data downloaded on http://professionnels.ign.fr/bdortho-50cm-par-departements - Updated January 2017 - adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69

Elevation Tiles:

MNT littoral Litto3D® Martinique 2016 – accuracy: 1meter – under open licence – authors: Shom and l’Institut national de l’information géographique et forestière (IGN), was carried out in partnership with the Direction de l'Environnement, de l'Aménagement et du Logement de la Martinique (DEAL) and l'Agence des aires marines protégées (AAMP). co-financed by the European Union . Europe is committed to Martinique with the European Regional Development Fund. - Original data downloaded from http://diffusion.shom.fr/pro/risques/al…d-mart2016.html - Updated March 2016 - adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69

Buildings data:

Data extracted and processed from Openstreetmap – INSEE - Cadastre – Software used QGIS & Scenproc from Arno Gerretsen (SceneryDesign.org) – processed & adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69 – Airport Flatten: Trespassers

Vegetation Data:

Data extracted from BD ORTHO® 50 cm Martinique de l'IGN with Scenproc from Arno Gerretsen (SceneryDesign.org) – processed & adapted to AFS2 by Vogel69

Building Texture: by Vogel69

Installation:

• First check if you have the last revision of Aerofly FS2
    • extract archive into AFS2 addon folder.

with a steam version:

>> ...\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns\Scenery\Martinique

or

>> ...\My documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Martinique

with a DVD version:

>> ...\My documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\Martinique

Use:

Launch Aerofly FS2 and go into “Place” menu, and search for “Aimé Cesaire airport” located in Caribbean sea on the worldmap. Choose your plane, go and enjoy !

Thanks to the contributors of open data without whom I could not share this work with you: IGN, SHOM, Openstreetmap, The cadastre, the INSEE ...

Thanks to IPACS for the supply of their SDK, thank you to the creators of free software which allows to work the raw data in data compatible with our simulators (QGIS, Scenproc, GIMP ...)

Thanks to Trespassers, TomSimMuc, Rodeo and Qwerty42 for their valuable advice and help.

Here a link to the first video (a little old now). some changes have been made since... but not many

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

more recent but more shaking video <X

I know that IPACS give a C++ .dll library to Arno in order to handle the binary .TGI format ... It seems to me that Arno because the ASCII format was enough for him ? or for lack of knowledge about wrapper ? or for lack of time ? has not yet written wrapper for this dll but it could be interresting to look at that side? If you have the skill to write a C # wrapper it would be great ;)...

Hello,

Thanks for the infos Jeff. I would be very interested in a file example too, because despite all my tiffs 1024x1024 with alpha channel are well converted with the contentconverter tool (type = "place") but nothing is displayed in the simulator :(

So unfortunately I still can not find the right .ttx format for custom plants ;(

Are there any tricks or magic formula to make it work?

Here's my way of doing:

As an example test file, I use a 1024x1024 (RGB, 8bits / layer) image file with transparency exported in .tiff format. Example picture is just there to illustrate my ask, knowing that we do not yet know the plant UV placement ;)

About alpha layer:

Should we use a particular method to create transparency?

1- simple (only one layer with alpha in) ?

or

2- add an alpha layer in channels ?

or

3- ???

About Tiff export:

here is my setup

About .ttx Texture compilation with ContentConverter:

no problem here, .ttx file is generated with no error, but texture is not displayed in simulator... May be a wrong. ttx file format in my TMC file ?

- should we use another "texture_base_type" (ttx_pvr2, ttx_etc1, ttx_etc2 ...) or keep the 'ttx_dxt' by default?

- should we set another option in a particular way, like "type" (place, default, xref) or other ?

here is my "tmc" test file:

About custom plants's texture use in my AFS2 setup:

! I am concient that any modification of IPACS files & folder are disadvised. It's just for my tests, I'm careful to restore the original configuration at the end !

I've named arbitrarily my custom plant's texture: "plant_pine_20_1850_color.ttx" and copied it into AFS2 path: "...steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\plants".

I call the same custom object several times in my .toc file:

Code
          <[plant][element][0]
            <[vector3_float64][position][-61.003884 14.593791 0]>
            <[vector2_float32][height_range][10.000000 10.000000]>
            <[string8][group][pine]>
            <[string8][species][20_1850]>
          >

unfortunately my custom texture does not appear at all in the simulator during my test :( I specify that if I replace my custom texture with one from IPACS "plants" folder (just copied and renamed) it works fine without any problem...

Any idea what’s wrong ?

thanks by advance Jeff or to any other IPACS member who could help me here:saint:

According to my experience, I think that Toc files are limited in capacity. above a certain number of objects the buffer is full and I imagine that the last loaded objects crushed the oldest. This is very visible on files from Scenproc because trees are stored line by line (or column by column) according to the scenproc detection system.

As you describe it sounds simple, but I still do not know myself.
    I have a large number of "Area_L * .bmp files". Editing all "INF files" by hand will certainly take a long time.

That's why I thought "AeroScenery" could help me.

Jakob

Hi Jakob,

No need to do it manually, there is a tool to do batch conversions of many .inf to .tfw and Geoconvert create automatically .aid file from .tfw file. -> inf2tfwConverter

Look at tutorial here on the wiki: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…cenery_creation