Posts by vogel69

Hi Antoine,

thanks for your help :)

first, apparently, there was a bug in the data filtering of the function "CreateAF2Plant" of Scenproc, I reported it to Arno who corrected yesterday...

So I already have fewer trees that are generated by scenproc (it's still that won ;) )

"How many entries do you get per TOC file?"

with Level 11: often well above 200,000 trees ! (with old scenproc)

with Level 13: most of the time between 50,000 and 150,000 and sometimes up to 200,000... (with new scenproc filter)

I will continue my tests:

1 / - reclassifying the trees declared in .TOC file randomly to see if the empty areas become less visible.

2 / - by reprocessing .TOC files, limiting the number of elements (100,000, 150,000,200,000)

3 / - by dispatching the trees declared in a TOC file in or 3 different .TOC files

best regards

Have you tried to increase the parameter 'size' in your airport TSC?

This parameter will read how far out from your airport the files load into memory.

Try to increase this from the default 5000 to maybe 30000 but to be more precise you can measure out from your airport in meters and use that number.

Thank you Jeff,

Yes I've tried to increase from 5 000 to 50 000 after reading your answer on another post here ;) ... sadly with no luck :(

One minor thing, that probably doesn't make any difference, is in your .tsc file: on the lines that say "[tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][element][0]", I always have that number after [element] increasing for each new .toc. So the end of those lines would be [element][0], [element][1], [element][2], etc. But I really don't know if that's necessary or if it makes any difference at all..

I thought like you but apparently it does not matter.... If you edit a .toc file from scenproc you will also see that each tree is declared in the same way without incrementing. ;)

thank for your help qwerty42 ;)

1/ Yes I'm using Scenproc and this is my script:

I try with a simple script too... and the empty area are not at the same place but are here too :( :

Code
    # Import fichier contenant les points a tester
    IMPORTOGR|@0@|*|*|NOREPROJ

# Create AF2 broadleaf
    CreateAF2Plant|*|20;30|broadleaf

# Export the AF2 TOC file
    ExportTOC|TOCout|@1@

it's like last lines of the .toc file was skipped... I will try to add a random in tree list to see if the empty area is more smooth.

and this is the cultivation part of my .tsc file:

Hello,

I have issues when I try to generate vegetation on a large area.

As you can see in the picture (AFS2 capture) I have areas without any vegetation while the corresponding cultivation file contains the declaration of these trees.
    Initially, I thought that each cultivation file was limited to a certain number of tree, so I tried with different surface (level11, 12,13) for slab cultivation but the result is the same, it remains the same gaps in the same places!
    Any idea ?

capture in AFS2:

[Blocked Image: https://tof.cx/images/2018/03/13/d69d2e5c50858f4420109ccc5c52f6c0.jpg]

Note: that the edge of the empty areas (1,2 and 3) all seem to be aligned on the edge of the grid (in this case: 5480 of AFS2 Grid system)... but may be just an idea

Sources Shapefiles in QGIS:

[Blocked Image: https://tof.cx/images/2018/03/13/729f0db5863310f1fb215473ffa24679.jpg]

view of sources files in QGIS, the colors allow to differentiate the source shapes files, each giving a different .toc file

Thanks for file Michael, I've tested it and I found the bug ;)

what do you mean by "no grids"? is the tool bugging ? or there is a hole for some areas in the generated kml file?

thank you in any case for all your tests ;)

ps: I've updated the last revision with the Michael's bug correction ;) link upper

thanks to you Antoine,

Iin fact, I'm here mostly cause of you and after having followed your work of clearing on this new simulator ;)

I was charmed by the results you got. and after buying an Oculus Rift, I took the plunge to AFS2 ... And that's the moment where I took my slap in the face... no going back :D

There just occurred another idea to me: Would it be possible to reuse this tool for Cultivation as well? This would solve two issues, at least for me.

(i) OSM only allows rather small areas to export. Yes, you can select to overpass the API, which for some reason simply doesn't work for me, thus I have to look for alternative OSM mirrors if I want to cultivate larger areas. I don't know which resolution level is small enough to make OSM happy, but one could select this one and fill the wanted OSM area with squares (maybe given sensible names according to location) to be cultivated one by one afterwards.

(ii) Importing the tiles selected using the vogel69 tool into OSM would allow to create coherent ground images as well as cultivation borders, which you could extended later, if you want to, as they are both clearly cut at the same borders.

Maybe this is just a pipe dream but I would enjoy such a tool.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

Not sure to well understand your idea, but I think the cultivation aspect might be easier to manage if Arno tries to insert this special grid system into Scenproc in order to make a suitable "Splitgrid" step...

Great tool. Showing up some partial coverage in areas I thought were complete.

thanks vogel69

Just a suggestion. It is possible to spawn a Google Earth process with a file name as an argument (works from Java at least). If Google Earth is already running the file gets passed to the running instance.

cheers

/Stu

Hi lenidcamper,

good idea I will have a try with google earth process ;)

Thanks my friends your words go straight to my heart. :)

Thank you Rodeo, I try to take into account your just remarks and updated the 1.1 revision (link updated also in the post above) hoping that I didn't add new bug in correcting old one ;)

If you find any usefulness to this tool I am very happy. if it can help a bit addon developers for this great simulator it's a good thing :D

thanks HiFlyer, thanks qwerty42 :)

Yes please!!! This would be really useful! Also, I don't want to get greedy, but if it could also detect masked .ttc tiles and show them in a different color, I think that would also be a really cool feature.

my slab detection is very simple because based only on filenames that contain all the necessary information. For masked files, I'm not familiar with ... are the filename different ? If the difference can be done only at the binary level in the Header or the body of the file it may be a little harder because I have no information on the binary structure of .ttc files... but the idea is good ;)

Thank you Qwerty42, your Excel tool seems to me a very good alternative. ;)

Here a small workflow proposal with the FSEarth Tiles and the area.kml ... I have not really tested in real but I guess it should work :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.