Posts by MartinM

Hi

Thanks for bringing this up. I doubt that we are going to see the full fidelity R22 nor the Ecureuill AS350B3 which I have flown on the weekend with the Professional Aerofly FS2 code base. I know the colleagues very well who did the metering on the real bird, for both, the R22 and the AS350.

I suggested them to put the AS350 on sale as DLC. No chance, not because they don‘t want, but one reason is Airbus not releasing the license like Robinson did. Besides this the metering flights costed a fortune, and due to this, they sell these two highly realistic flight models only with the Level-D AFS2 platform.

Besides all this, it needs to be scalable in terms of earnings. While the mobile AFS sells like a butterbread, the desktop version ice a niche market. The Pro market has just started. EASA is not yet able to issue level D approval as there is a little gap in the rules. Silly as it sounds, the screen distance between pilot eye and screen is regulated. As you can imagine VR Headset does not have the distance. This is an issue and has to pass all kind of certifications now.

I am hoping to get an AS350B3 at the level of the current R22. This would be genius. But to keep the expectations as they are from my talks on the Helico Weekend with my colleagues, not going to happen before EASA certification is finished, as this is a MUST for the pro platform and without this, no market. So that where the focus is and of course where the funding is coming from, the mobile platform.

I. an understand them, although I am not happy for my own preference.

Btw, the AS350B3 was really ultra realistic. I flown the real one and the one in sim. Fantastic work. Maybe one day ...

A little question, why dont you play DCS with the f18 module?

I mean it is the most realistic f18 you will get in a sim and you can perform realistic with it?

Don't worry - DCS F18 and the upcomign Viper are probably the most realistic sims out there, for these aircrafts. But. I love to fly around the Swiss Alps. I created a Meiringen and Payerne scenery in DCS, but it is not Switzerland ;)

I have done some cultivaton of Corse recently. i noticed that the Geofabrik pbf contain much more forrest data than I like to have. I clutters the small bushes as trees all over the place. I was wondering if there is a way to do two pieces in scen proce.

1 Lights & Houses

2. Forrests

I noticed that the combined size, by removing the trees can reduce from 1GB to 100MB ;)

One remark here for all - If you download Grid 9 and grid 13, you got to dow the work in both tile sets- this is how i screwed my Norway images ;)

I used grid 13, ZL18 for the airports, grid 13, ZL17 for the Islands and in the end grid 9 for the whole area. I edited only Grid 9 :(

Coastlines screwed

Ok. I firgured our the following

Switzerland Scenery contains Ortho for these levels.

So, if one generates a new Ortho, by maintaining these levels, it should be fine and no patch loading.

I have loaded now the tile from Svolvaer, ZL16, AFS 9,11,12,13,14. Everything is perfectly running.

1297 geocoverted files

2019-05-24 16:15:48 (INFO) AeroScenery - Starting GeoConvert Process

2019-05-24 16:15:48 (INFO) AeroScenery - Working on AFS Grid Square 1 of 1

2019-05-24 16:15:48 (INFO) AeroScenery - Running GeoConvert

2019-05-24 19:32:55 (INFO) AeroScenery - Grid square map_09_8a00_c280 selected

Size for this tile is 460MB. Quite comfortable.

I tested with the Ortho from flight-sim.org Tenerife. It does not contain Level 9, it does contain 10 to 13. If you are in GCTS, the Teide, the center of the island is not rendered. For me a clear indicator that we need to have always AFS 9