Posts by FrankLFRS

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS) and admin

Here are a few pictures to illustrate what I encounter since September 22’ Update.

Before, I believed the buildings were endless sight, but since the update it hits my eyes because they seem to be displayed at 12 NM or so.

Whatever the graphics settings from LOW to INSANE. By the way, whatever I set here, the quality is top level (apart shadows).

So I took screenshots in density areas to make the issue obvious.

Farther than the red line (around 12 NM), no towns:

Approaching CDG:

It’s on a MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14-CORE GPU 16GB.

[EDIT] I forgot to join the tm file, it is done now.

In Aerofly, while the calibration process.

Join the throttles with the axe.

Phase 1 of the calibration

Move all levers from min to max. Flaps, speed brake.

But not the throttles, move them from IDLE to mid-way between FLEX/TOGA.

Validate.

Phase 2 of the calibration

Move all levers to their center positions, flaps 2, speed brake 1/2, throttles CLIMB.

Validate (sincerely, I don’t think the phase 2 change something, but whatever).

Now it’s going to be easy to catch CLIMB detent, but a bit touchy with FLEX detent. However it is 100 times better.

You also may have to apply this Thrustmaster calibration before all because this product is not high precision as it is believed:

https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TCA_Quadrant/TCA_Quadrant-Throttle-addons_Calibration.pdf

I hope that one day IPACS adds a throttle by throttle calibration that memorizes detents positions.

I chose the best of the 2 throttles and configured it to the base mono-throttle command putting by the way aside the twin jet commands. Same with reverse.

Dear admin

With the September 22' Update, I can now confirm that the buildings and street lights are display from 15 NM or so (maybe less).

Now, you are shocked by seeing buildings appearing as much as you are approaching an airport from 12/15 NM.

Maybe, it only concerns macOS where I am using to flying Aerofly FS 4.

Before this update, I said to whom wanted to hear: "you have endless buildings, endless trees, endless clouds". Today, I quite no longer say it, only clouds appear to be endless.

Trees seem to be concerned too.

I hope there will be a solution...

Best regards.

Frank

I really wish we can get some communication. It has been 8 months since the last update. The current version has some annoying minor bugs that didn't exist in past versions.

The question remains... will Aerofly wait until next year's update and leave FS 2022 with bugs?

I think that IPACS was focused on Aerofly FS 4 and Aerofly FS 4 has reached what they wanted. So, they now should look into Aerofly FS 2022 or 2023.

At development of Aerofly FS 2020/2021, people of Aerofly FS 2 were disappointed to see their simulator kind of put aside at the benefice of the mobile version.

But, yes, if the bugs of Aerofly FS 2022 are not patched as they has been patched in Aerofly FS 4, and if Aerofly FS 2023 comes as an Aerofly FS 2022 debugged, so better create Aerofly FS Mobile associated to an annually subscription (after one year it is 15% fees instead of 30%).

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I noticed that street lights appear at 20 Nm or so. The first time, it was at LA, so OK, it is a very high density area. I told to myself that in Europe in normal density areas I should see farther than 20 Nm. Unfortunately it is the same.

Is there a way, on your side, to separate the street lights layer from buildings layer? So, street lights could be shown farther (if they don't cost a lot of processing). By day, showing building at 20 Nm makes the illusion in some ways.

Just a humble idea from a non-developper guy ;) .

I would love to see full night lighting on cities. and i would love global scenery or perhaps new regions. and more 3D objects. i think the newer M1 Ipads can handle this. correct me if I’m wrong but with IPadOS 16 releasing along with the metal 3 this Fall and the memory swap feature that will release alongside it we will soon be able to use all of the ram on . so here’s hoping!!!!

iPadOS 16 will allow an application to do Virtual Memory Swapping until 16 GB whatever your M1 device. Including Metal 3.

IPACS uses MoltenVK (Vulkan to Metal translation). Maybe it does not handle Metal 3. Maybe it has a price for it. So will see...

And yes I think M1 devices should handle trees, buildings, street lights, they already handle endless clouds. But quite not as much as a M1 Mac because of thermal melting. The iPad has no fan and it is stuffed inside a case. So cooling is a problem (My M1 Pro Mac slightly uses its fan around high density areas, and yes almost no fan otherwise. And it reaches its limit at Los Angeles, New York, especially by night etc. but it is usable anyway).

Steam should continue the download from where it ended

In fact, no. I had an internet connection problem at 25 GB from the end. And Steam restarted the 3 days download from beginning.

So I unchecked all DLCs to only download the basic product. I also think that after that I will have to clear download cache to wiped the previous 175 GB download that is clearly ignored. It looks like it is dead data.

[EDIT] it was not necessary to clear the download cache, Steam did it after installing.

Then I’ll go to a neighbor’s home to download Europe because he has fiber internet.

douglas55 I think I saw black patches since I downloaded this summer USA More Aerial Photos DLC.

Hello everyone, After recent update, I am having an issue with the sim. After releasing the break, pushing power for take off, nothing happens the plane stay stuck on the runway and this happen with all plane. Any suggestion ??? Thanks in advance for your help.

It happens to me before the update (currently downloading…).

It is because I use Thrustmaster Airbus. I assigned brake to the slider of the joystick. But this slider (and others of the products) starts at 50% (in Aerofly mind) whatever its real position. So at starting Aerofly is braking.

I move every sliders, joysticks, push every buttons before launching the flight session. Doing that, a slight move is enough to retrieve the normal way.