Posts by K9NSP

UPDATE:

Airports and places have been updated. moxeetwo has made a number of improvements to runway surfaces at a number of airports. Files in original links were updated at the time of this posting. If you downloaded from the top post after 31 AUG 2021 at 1600 UTC, you do not need to download these files. You already have them. Links posted here are the same as the original post and are provided here for your convenience.

Airports (25.9 MB): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjykJezbtk5tdexIXqimlJKH0JM?e=n5G7jn

Places (484.7 MB): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjykJezbtk5tdtU-PXGF9_Tvp2w?e=lEZSbr

To update, delete your existing airport and places folders and replace them with these updated folders. chrisprivExtra Trees are now included in the places cultivation folder and no longer needs to be downloaded separately. If you downloaded them previously, you can delete that folder as well.

MISSING TREES FIX

These trees are now included in the Beta Download. If you downloaded the Beta from the top post after 31 AUG 2021 at 1600 UTC, you do not need to download these files. You already have them.

chrispriv Extra Trees can be downloaded here:

Missing Trees (363.9 MB): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjykJezbtk5tgQLF6VcRCg7sjsid?e=O8DQkJ

Unzip to your Cultivation Folder. Just like the rest of the release, they are Beta. I flew the scenery for about an hour today with the trees installed and I didn't find any problems. But I haven't seen everything, yet.

They will be included in future releases but can be added to the existing Beta with this patch.

For Deep Creek I only set shrubs and no trees.

I am working with photodetection of the trees and trying for various types of landscapes for devlopement. Certain areas, such as the mountains and valleys, work very well. Where photodetection has its limitations is in distinguishing a forest from lakes and rivers with dark green water (the same goes for the dark green circular fields). Masking the waters on a photo basis is much more efficient than cleaning them up afterwards.

McCall is very difficult in on this point of view and required a lot of effort. But it looks pretty good now:

The pictures look great. I'll test the trees here soon. Thanks!

I don't see anything in the scenery package that would make me think that it's Windows only. It looks to be exactly like all other scenery packages. So, you could download just about any other free scenery pack as a test drive. Success there would indicate success for Lukla to me.

In other news, I heavily prefer Key West (USA South Florida Pack) to Lukla. I have them all.

Alternatively, Steam Refund Policy is pretty likely to cover you:

https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

I also started to implement trees and enhanced bushes for certain areas, makes flying with the helicopter near ground much more fun that way. Will share them with you if you like.

Kindest regards,

Christophe

I removed default trees from the area of Deep Creek because they were all wrong. I'd like to see what you've come up with. There aren't a lot of trees in the Deep Creak area IRL. Mostly just shrubs and tumbleweed.

In other areas, default trees are completely missing, like most of the North area. And especially around McCall. If you have a way to easily add trees, I'd appreciate that very much.

Although I have a download speed of 30 MBS, MS One-Drive appears to limit to less than 1 MBS and its taking over 6 hours to download L15-S with errors when unpacking. I have tried downloading several times and got it down to one error file and having to use it as is.

I uploaded a fresh copy of 15S. higgy also reported problems with it. So it was likely a source file problem, not a download problem.

I think it's not very respectful to call MSFS 2020 a video game, I don't know but it's graphics, physics, weather simulation and clouds seems just AMAZING.

Sure, it's got great eye candy. And maybe they've fixed some of the bugs since I last tried it. But my last experience with it was indeed a video game. The flight physics just didn't add up to what was marketed. And no helicopters.

I'm a pilot IRL, and I can tell you that MSFS is just too easy. Therefore, it's a video game. Not a real sim.

As for your contributions, you do what you can to make it better. But honestly, all I hear is how happy you are with the other options. You should think about that and proceed accordingly.

Although I have a download speed of 30 MBS, MS One-Drive appears to limit to less than 1 MBS and its taking over 6 hours to download L15-S with errors when unpacking. I have tried downloading several times and got it down to one error file and having to use it as is.

15N is up. Let me know how that goes for you. It's possible 15S has errors in the source file.

I've been contemplating a physical media distribution. It would not be free since there would be costs and labor involved. But maybe when it's 100% done that would be the way to go. Is anyone interested in this being a paid scenery pack distributed on physical media?

I don't have any good answers. I wish OneDrive were faster, and that's why I initially went with DropBox even though it was an extra expense. I'm having a terrible time uploading 15N and I have a Gigabit connection. I may be able to split the larger files into several files using 7zip. But then everyone has to use and understand the process to extract them. But that's why this is a Beta, and why they are in as many packages as they already are. Not everyone will need L15.

Guess I wrote that wrong. "PS: I have up to the Level 14 files downloaded so far."

I definitely also have 9-13. :)

Congrats on the real world flying as well. Sounds like an absolute great experience. Also expensive! ;)

Getting here was VERY expensive. But I'm maybe 45 days from the finish line of Commercial and I can finally start letting someone else foot the bill for my flying while actually getting paid to do it.

Fantastic scenery! The image quality is top notch. I started out where you recommend in Deep Creek, it's like a mini Grand Canyon. Much more to be explored. Thank you again for the share.

PS: I have the Level 14 files downloaded so far.

You'll want 9-12 to prevent popups. So you may as well have 13, too. 15 is still uploading. I will update when it's done.

And yeah, Deep Creek is just unbelievable. I didn't know it existed until just recently. And that was one of two driving factors to not just get this done but to do it in this high detail. I can fly down low in the canyon in a way that I never could in the real world.

The detail is high enough that I can supplement pilot training in the scenery, and even pre-fly my real-world flights so the real world isn't the first time I've seen something. I just need to figure out objects to add the bridges and power poles.