Photoreal scenery shared between sims

• Hi,

I love photo scenery. I have downloaded a lot of gigabytes for X-Plane. Now, would it be too much to ask for a way to share those files with Aerofly so we don't need to download photorealist scenery twice? (one for each sim) I guess is already too late for this, but sometimes, I bit of standardisation among developers would be appreciated.

• All flight simulators have different core elements and ways that they produce and render the scenery making this a very difficult task to perform. The way that Aerofly reads scenery very different than that of X-Plane. I'm not too sure at this time if there's a way without extensive re-working.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I totally understand that each game has its own way to handle graphic resources. It was just a thought or a hope. I will have 2 sims installed in my PC, but the effort to learn the process, download again scenery, have the necessary hard drive to allocate those files, etc,... is bit of a bummer. After all, I'm sure something could be done maybe in the tool itself. (Export to Aerofly or to other sim format...)

Thanks for your input drhotwing1. :)