New update shadows bad flickering

• Hi started afs2 earlier today to resume a flight but noticed the scenery was flickering badly in vr mode creating more of a overall blurred view also the shadows where flickering badly on airport buildings this was noticeable also in 2d mode as well, in 2d mode you can cycle the views and this would improve the flickering somewhat, also if you turned the shadows down to minimum that also made a improvement The airport I was using is John f Kennedy time Utc 10.25. the gauges in the 737 which is the aircraft I'm using look ok but any shadows being cast on the cockpit glareshield also flickered,my system i7700k 4.2 16g ddr4 ram gtx1080 gpu vr rendering set to 2, it was only after the update that I had this problem, also when at idle the 737 is also rolling. The vr experience is not very nice just now hope you can help.

Thanks,Jim

• If you are referring to the aliasing that you are seeing for example, when sitting on the runway and looking at the runway lines; they are flickering with some colors in it, and while looking at buildings it appears that they are jumping around a bit?

If so, we are looking into this but it was more introduced prior to this latest update.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• It looks like theproblem is with the shadows on the buildings they are jumping around and if you select minimum shadows they disappear is this the same problem I definitely did not have this before update I had another issue, when I clicked on my afs2 icon to start afs steam opened and I was asked to download afs but I already had it installed but I went with the download and steam checked all the files is this the normal procedure for afs2 updates.

Thanks,jim

• It looks like theproblem is with the shadows on the buildings they are jumping around and if you select minimum shadows they disappear is this the same problem I definitely did not have this before update I had another issue, when I clicked on my afs2 icon to start afs steam opened and I was asked to download afs but I already had it installed but I went with the download and steam checked all the files is this the normal procedure for afs2 updates.

Thanks,jim

The shadows are functioning normally. With the shadow setting at low or medium there are NO shadows cast on or from buildings or scenery. high and ultra settings allow for shadows on everything, and insane gives you very high quality shadows on everything (insane should only be used if you have a very good GPU)

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• No problems here, so far.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• maybe have steam check your files first before going through all of that.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• i already had the antiliasing problem but shadows where ok but now they are not , will try a reinstall see if that helps.

Thanks,jim

There is no need to reinstall. This is something that we are looking into to see if it can be cleared up. I'm also seeing some aliasing issues, so please wait a bit until we can sort it out.

Regards,

Jeff