I am seeking details on how to determine the tmc data that defines the scenery area when using GeoConverter.

  • I have the updated ver 1.3.1 GeoConverter installed and I am still having difficultly with the Progress box reporting 172% complete, 8 of 5 Num levels, and 219 of 143 Num tiles and other such nonsense. It pretty makes looking at the Progress Box a big waste of time.


    I understand as of now that this latest version of the GeoConverter may have not fixed the major complaints - just yet. These are the fuzzy borders and black boxes or rectangles.


    While we wait for the update, I would like for IPACS to clarify, in detail, exactly how the user is expected to build the tmc file. In particular how to determine the proper numbers for the Upper Left and Lower Right corners of the FSET selected area.


    Jeff has stated that he only uses 2 digits to the right of the decimal and that he rounds "outward". I take this to mean the upper left numbers will be slightly larger than the FSET numbers after conversion to decimal values and the lower right will be slightly smaller after conversion to decimal values.


    I just completed a test using the outward rounding as I described and the progress box is still screwed up, so there must be something else that I am doing or not doing that causes the reversal of the numerator and denominator in the equation.


    Please take a close look at the uploaded graphic and provide a suggested rounding of numbers to use in the tmc. The area in a units and covers approx. 7 x 9 nm which is a fairly small area. If someone wishes to duplicate the scenery area in covers the Kaneohe Bay on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. Please see attachments.


    Best Regards,


    Ray




    aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6229/


    aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6230/



    aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/6231/

  • I'll provide you with an actual example of my Key West scenery. Take note of the below project image NW corner and SE corner coordinates


    Next, I will take each side and convert them to decimal format.


    NW

    SE


    Now, round the decimal coordinates to show like the below TSC



    Running this job, the geoconvert tool runs properly, the scenery is generated properly without any odd looking edges, and the tool progress calculators show properly.

    I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant. 
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.


    Regards,


    Jeff

  • Jeff,


    After analyzing your Key West project, I can only assume we are using different versions or different programs because we are most certainly getting different results. I will input your exact Key West area into my installed version and post the Progress Box that I see on my screen. My bet is that it will be hosed. =O


    Thanks for the quick reply and posting the info.


    Regards,


    Ray

  • Ray,

    I don't know what else to tell you here. I ran somewhere like 40 test sceneries now all with the same method and all of them were successful with none of the problems that you are stating. We at IPACS test all processes and functions very carefully before they even see the public. Even this latest version both myself and Karl-Heinz tested the exact version that you have multiple times with different configurations, sizes, and methods and they were all successful. We then gave Torsten the green light to release it.


    I suggest that you take a better look at your TSC file and the exact steps that you take to run your sceneries. If you would like, please post your exact steps here and we will take a good look at it. Be as detailed as you can with your steps.

    I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant. 
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.


    Regards,


    Jeff

  • Hello Jeff,


    I have mixed results. I inputted your exact scenery area, but chose to use the DL level 2 instead of DL level 0 so I could completed the work the same day that I started. For the first time ever, the Progress Box worked exactly as it should. I have since ran 4 jobs and every single one of them has the screwed up progress box with the 9 of 6 and 181% type status complete. These are small areas and large areas and I am rounding to 2 decimal places for the tmc file just as you did in your posted example.


    I saved screenshots and images along the way on all the jobs to I can post what I did and what numbers I used and show the progress boxes.


    Although it is much more important to get rid of the fuzzy borders and black rectangles than have the progress box calculate correctly, that is not to say that I am happy that it works for you and does not work for me.


    I am going to continue troubleshooting and hopefully will find the gremlins causing the problem.


    Regards,


    Ray