• Hello, as I mentioned earlier in this thread I have bought Tobii Eye Tracer 4C and use it now.

In general it works good and I enjoy it.

It works with glasses as same good as without glasses.

Official Eye Tracker supports 30 inches monitor only, but it seems FS2 and Eye Tracker work well with my 34 inches monitor. The test application of Tobii shows the detected eye position become unaccurate in the border area.

It is not possible to mount the eye tracker device to a curved monitor with the supplied accessories. You have to find a solution for your own.

I'm a bit disappointed because the in FS2 implemented solution doesn't work as I expected. In FS2 it works like Track IR. To pan the cockpit camera you have to turn your head, instead of using your eyes. Eye tracking is almost not used in FS2. I expect the camera is paning by looking at the border, like the demo app of Tobii do it. It is unnatural to turn the head but still looking to the monitor. It is more natural to looking at the point which you want to see and when the point is outside the monitor the point is scrolling in.

Moving the head up, down, forward and backward move the camera also in these directions. That's very good. You can move closer to the panel to read and use it. Move up the head let you look over the panel to see more what is before you. Also you can move your head closer to the left window to see more of the ground.

The dead zone confuse me and I turned it off. But to use the knobs it is important that the mouse cursor stays fix over the knob, while my head is lightly moving or the turbulances shake the cockpit. The mouse cursor should always position related to the cockpit, not related to the monitor. This means, when the camera is scrolling to right, the mouse cursor moves together with the panel to left and hold the position over the knob.

I often turn my view away from the monitor to the joysticks, keyboard, or printed tutorial while flying. This let the cockpit camera pan to the maximal position to left, right or down. This is very ugly. The picture should hold the current view direction while I quck glance outside of Tobii Eye Tracker range.

The view control by buttons should be disabled when Eye Tracking is active. This means inside the cockpit off, outside the cockpit on.

Immediately after start a fly the camera position is not right. I sitting in the rear seat and have to reset the position manually.

I think eye tracking is the rigth solution for flying with monitor. It solves the old problem of the view control, but for my taste the solution has to be improve.

• Yes, head position tracking is also possible with the new Tobii Eye Tracker 4C so you can move your head towards the instrument panel and of course left/right.

Excellent!

Sounds like a TrackIR without the goofy headset paraphernalia!

Presumably, like TrackIR, you can look at a gauge, say, and then disable head tracking with a hotkey while you fiddle with the knobs?

• Hi, after FS2 Update the reset function of eye tracking (Center VR View) failed. The camera position is behind the correct position and a bit to high. Pressing reset again move the camera postion forward, but still wrong. Pressing reset a third time the camera position moves to the first reset (and so on).

Additional to the FS2 update I installed Tobii GameHub. For test I deinstalled GameHub, but the problem is still there. I think, GameHub isn't the problem. I think, the FS2 Update cause the problem. You mentioned you want do some changes on Eye Tracker function. Did you?

Regards,

Gert :)