Volt light in Skyhawk

• Just an FYI, with this latest release, the VOLT light in the warning display keeps coming on when running with low RPMs. I know it is supposed to do that, but it seems that the drain is exceeding the charge as I was just doing touch and go's with all lights on, no pitot heat, turned off radios. It may be normal, IDK, but I practice short field landings all the time and with this latest release, this is the first it has happened.

• IMO, "also mentioned Skyhawk" in the description is a very awkward (in the US) and would never be used during a real conversation. The phrase "also called (the) Skyhawk" would be "also dubbed/called/named/coined the Skyhawk." This phraseology would be way more common of a statement, at least in the US. "Mentioned" is what I am doing now: I "also mentioned" the weird phrase on a system dubbed/called/named/coined "the message board" in addition to thinking it was weird in my mind. See the difference?

• The low idle setting is barely used in real life. The engine is not running smooth and fuel isn't burned well enough. For that reason the engine power output is also quite low and the generator can't produce enough electric power. That will drain the battery and its voltage drops which is indicated by the red light.

So the red light is intentional and it actually had that red light before, too.

I've just loaded up the C172 and let it idle for a couple minutes but no red light yet. So keep the RPM at around 1000 to be at a realistic idle value. The lowest RPM with full idle isn't healthy in real life :)

Regards,

Jan

• I understand why and how the light works. I did about 6 or 7 touch and go's before work (so about an hour-ish, which I do very frequently) and when I put in my last notch of flaps the volt light flickered. Then after I landed it came on and stayed on and only went back off for a few seconds after i turned off the pitot heat and my fuel pump. I try to simulate it as close to real life conditions as possible. I would do carb heat too if it had it, lol. Especially with today's weather.

Maybe it is the fuel pump being on that does it. Im draining at nearly -45/50 and never charge more than +15 on the amp meter.