• Hi community, great to be a part of this great ongoing project.

Just two quick questions. :saint:

1: When will we see north based europe mesh/landclass?

I live in the Faroe Islands and would love to do flights from there, to Iceland, Denmark and in that region.
    Any ideas when something like this will be available?

As it stands now those regions look nothing like the real deal.
    I do know this is an ongoing project, so this is not ment as any negative input what so ever, just wondering what the future plans are for those regions, Faroe Islands and Iceland in general.

I have a scenery ''Vagar Airport'' which I will make available for Aerofly FS2 once the Faroe Islands actually exists.

2: Will the systems in the airplanes be more deep in terms of realism?

FSX and P3D come to mind so just wondering about that as well.
    I know that Rome was not build in one day, but just asking because asking is actually caring :) :thumbup:

Aerofly looks like a great option for flight simmers though it has a long way to go before being a more complete game/sim.
    I made suer to leave a good positive review over at the Steam store. 8)

• Hi Acedbit,

The main point is to find decent aerial orthophotos for Faroe islands. Looking at Google Maps the quality is quite poor and Bing is even worse...

There's no landclass in AeroflyFS 2, only photosceneries.

Assuming we can find good orthophotos and mesh, I know IPACS default mesh stops at something like N60°, I don't know how far north we can create scenery with Geoconvert - to be investigated...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• The main point is to find decent aerial orthophotos for Faroe islands

Thanks for your reply :)

I do not know what you are willing to invest in such imagery, but there are some decent ones out there.

Kortal.fo has some great ones:

I have forgotten the other provider, but as you can see from the above provider, there are some good ones out there.
    There is also this scenery for X Plane 11 which covers the entire Faroe Islands with photoreal ground textures as well, not sure if the developer was Aerosoft or not, but it looks awesome.

If you can't find any for the price tag you are willing to invest with, I understand, but I hope you do find some decent ones for that region.
    To me atleast even if it is ''somewhat'' below standards it would still be best to have something than to have nothing.

Would some none photoreal textures not be a patch solution instead of the low resolution which is in place right now?
    I mean only if you do not find any high quality ones, because something is indeed better than nothing, even if it is not photoreal or medium photoreal quality.

In any case I love this game, but it would be a huge miss if the faroe islands and the countries close to it were left out.
    They are quite popular travel destinations now.

At the least kortal.fo has something, and some company in Norway managed to capture even better ones, but can't quite remember the name.

• Well, if you can get decent orthophoto and mesh there, then you just need to geoconvert them using IPACS SDK to get the base for your ground scenery.

Since there’s no water texture in AFS2, you might have quite a lot of work painting the sea of your source orthophotos to blend in default scenery.

Check also what buildings footprint and vegetation information is available for generating cultivation. OSM is usually a good source in Europe.

Last but not least you will need to design aerodromes and specific landmarks to have a scenery.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.