Dear Aerofly Users,
We would like to give you an update on our development of Aerofly FS 4, the successor to our popular Aerofly FS Flight Simulator series for personal computers and mobile devices.
As a rough roadmap, we intend to publish Aerofly FS 4 on Steam as an Early Access title first, as we have quite a lot of stuff in the pipeline that is nearly finished, but that needs further quality testing before publishing. These features and content will be rolled out in irregular updates once Aerofly FS 4 has been published. Please be prepared for some bigger downloads due to updates in the weeks after the release.
Here is a rough overview of what Aerofly FS 4 will offer you.
Aerofly FS 4 - General Features
- Controllers and joysticks assigned 'out of the box' and ready to fly
- VR support including VR hand controllers
- Optional assistance features like copilot with ability to fly an entire route from start to finish, automatic nav-tuning, warning suppression
and other quality of life features
- Intuitive user interface with location map and graphical route editor
- Time skip feature to jump ahead in the flight
- Globally simulated air-traffic
- Flight missions based on real world airline flights as well as custom flight mission presets and challenges
- Pilot career achievements, logbook, recorded flight paths, statistics
Aerofly FS 4 - Scenery Features
- Over 800 airports in Europe with custom modelling for most airports, like Frankfurt, Madrid, Paris, London and many many more.
- USA region now also features the states Oregon and Washington
- Comprehensive coverage of the landscape with buildings, trees and other objects like animated wind turbines, power lines, etc., placed by our automated cultivation scenery
- Custom modelled unique points of interest (POIs) for famous landmarks
Aerofly FS 4 - Aircraft Features
- Very large selection of highly detailed aircraft:
A320, A380, B737, B747, B777, B787 Dreamliner, CRJ900, Dash 8-Q400 and Junkers 52 airliners
Robinson R22 and EC135 helicopters, many GA-aircraft including C172, B58 Baron, King Air, Learjet 45,
stunt planes Extra 330, Pitts S2B; F18C, F15E and MB339 jets, warbirds like F4U and P38 and more...
- Fully interactive 3D cockpits, fully VR hands compatible!
- Full cold and dark startups
- Very high level of system depth and thousands of custom coded systems, caution and warning systems
- Realistic Autopilot that operates just like the real thing, with full LNAV/VNAV features, auto-land, protections and mode reversions
- FMS programming using MCDU and CDU devices including IFR procedures like departures, arrivals and approaches
- Highly realistic physics simulation including full multibody simulation, wing bending, with custom engine simulations, realistic ground physics, etc.
- Custom fly-by-wire simulations with realistic handling qualities and protections
- Authentic EFIS displays including electronic checklists in modern airliners
Regarding the system requirements, we do require slightly more powerful computers, e.g. we require 4GB of dedicated GPU memory ( 6GB recommended ) as well as 8 GB of RAM for the computer. We will of course still ensure Aerofly FS 4 runs smooth on a wide selection of computers, we will continue to optimize the performance once we get more user feedback.
We will update this post in the upcoming weeks with more in depth information.
Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator in the Steam Store
Please visit our Blog to see all new teasers:
New airports like Portland, Seattle, Boeing Field and Paine Field among many others are part of the new Oregon and Washington area and are coming to Aerofly FS 4. Our current plan is to include these regions in the default scenery package.
Our existing airports like New York JFK, Miami, L.A., San Francisco, etc. are currently being updated with new night lighting: Taxiline-lights, hold short…
We are happy to announce that Aerofly FS 4 is finally being released on Steam in June 2022.
Currently we are in the final testing and optimization phase to ensure that you get
a reliable and good performing Flight Simulator.
Steam VersionsAerofly FS 4 will be available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux right away.
On Mac OS we also support the new Apple M1 computers natively.
Even though Aerofly FS 4 is not released as an 'Early Access' title on Steam,
we intend to add…