I’ve looked into this. It possible to connect a ps4 or x box controller. I haven’t been able to find a Bluetooth joystick. If anyone knows a way of connecting a usb joystick that works. Let us know.
ive been trying using xbox 360 joystick with OTG, and its work but, not all like changing the camera, zoom in and out the camera, and the interactive cockpit that you have to do it manually, mouse also work tho
The PS5 DualSense works well in Bluetooth.
The throttle control is so slow that is a problem to takeoff, but the worst happens at landing when you have to set the throttle to idle, too too slow.
Otherwise, the triggers works like a palonnier.
But on iPad the touch user interface is so good that you give up with the controller.
[EDIT] about PS5 DualSense
- Triggers L2/R2t: rudder/brake like a palonnier + wheel steer under 20 KTS GS
- L1/R1: change view group, change view in a view group
- Dpad up/down: throttle but it is anti game usable
- Dpad left/right: flaps
- Left joystick: turns head of the pilote but does not come to zero when at zero
- Right joystick: pitch/roll
- Button square: gear
See the attachment to visualize the buttons (it from a Mac application, but I'm talking about iPad)