AFS4 SDK for aircraft liveries

• Hello everyone

I am having some problems with the AFS4 aircraft converter I am using and was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues or if there is a solution.

The main issue I am facing is that the .bmp file with my livery is detected by the converter, but when i click the "convert" button, it does the process but i can't find the livery folder in the targeted folder. I have tried troubleshooting and adjusting the settings, but the problem persists.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Dylan

Kind Regards,

Dylan

• Sorry Dylan, got no idea then. I had problems with it building the files when things wheren't as above. I expect you've checked all the above stuff carefully... that top folder name matches aircraft folder name correctly (in your case "a320" I believe). Also the line in the model.tmc about the repaint needs to be exactly the name of the repaint folder. You haven't got any characters in the repaint folder name? I just stick to lower case letters. I should also say in clarification (although it should be obvious) you don't need the requirements line in the option.tmc (unless you need it to add winglets). Anyway sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybe JetPack will have some ideas for you.

MAtt

• Sorry Dylan, got no idea then. I had problems with it building the files when things wheren't as above. I expect you've checked all the above stuff carefully... that top folder name matches aircraft folder name correctly (in your case "a320" I believe). Also the line in the model.tmc about the repaint needs to be exactly the name of the repaint folder. You haven't got any characters in the repaint folder name? I just stick to lower case letters. I should also say in clarification (although it should be obvious) you don't need the requirements line in the option.tmc (unless you need it to add winglets). Anyway sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybe JetPack will have some ideas for you.

MAtt

i have done the same setup, but unfortunately it doesn't work, i hope Jet-Pack (IPACS) will be helpful.

Kind regards,

Dylan

Kind Regards,

Dylan

• Please check if you can convert the DR400 from the SDK first. If that works then your own aircraft from Aerofly FS 2 should also convert just fine. After running the converter you still need to change a lot of things in the TMD file but I have a script for that. If you send me the converted Aerofly FS 4 aircraft files (even if it doesn't load in the sim yet) I can quickly convert it for you and get it to load again.

• Official Post

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for sending me the bmp files. It looks like you will need the content converter, not the aircraft converter if you don't have a repaint kit for that aircraft.

Here is how you convert any texture into the ttx format in Aerofly FS:

1) Download the scenery SDK and install the aerofly_fs_4_content_converter_setup. This should install the Aerofly FS 4 Content Converter at "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Programs\Aerofly FS 4 Aircraft Converter\bin64\aerofly_fs_4_aircraft_converter.exe"
    2) Create a work folder with an input and output subfolder

3) Create a content_converter_config.tmc file in that folder and paste this content in it:

The folder now should look like this:

4) Paste all your textures that you want to convert into the input directory. Please make sure that BMP files have 8bits per channel and not more.

5) Right click the input folder and select Aerofly FS 4 Content Converter from the context menu.

The Content Converter should now start to convert files. Please check for error messages.
    In your case one bmp files does not have the correct 8-bits per channel. I saved the file with paint.net as 24bit BMP then it converted fine.

6) Check the output folder for the results and copy or move them as needed

Repeat the steps 4) to 6) for the next textures that you want to convert.

Depending on the file type you may have to flip them vertically. For this please set this option in the content_converter_config.tmc file to true:

<[bool][flip_vertical][true]>