Breaking the Pitts Special

• Anyone could please write down a procedure to brake and stop the Pitts Special after touch down. I’ve found that gently and repeatedly braking while struggling to maintain direction with pedals avoiding to bank the plane and crashing one wing could be the correct procedure, but I would like to know any other player’s experience.

Thank you.

• Try a broken cloud layer to establish a visible landing direction reference and positively cancel even the slightest trace of a swing during the landing roll. Hold full aft stick to maximise steering authority and delay braking until the speed has fallen significantly, use very small amounts of brake and repeatedly release and reestablish the landing direction. Avoid a cross wind.

The attitude at the start of the take off run is the correct three point touch down attitude a fraction above stalling speed. Hold the horizon background image against that corresponding position on the instrument panel.

Anticipate any simulator brake or throttle action interfering with the simulator tail wheel steering action. Give the rudder slider an extra minor wiggle if you are in doubt.

(I haven’t got the FS2023 Pitts package (two FS4 PC, duplicated iPadOS and Android with duplicate add on purchases are enough).