Aerofly FS 4 Steam Deck compatibility

• Dear Aerofly FS users,

as we do get quite a few support requests recently regarding the Steam Deck ( a handheld gaming console from Valve company ) compatibility of Aerofly FS 4, we would like to give an overview.

The company Valve that sells the Steam Deck is given each game a Steam Deck Verified status, once they have reviewed your game. Unfortunately due to man power and time restrictions on Valves side, this is a long process and so far Aerofly FS 4 hasn't received any status at all. However our previous version, Aerofly FS 2 has received a 100% Steam Deck verfied status, meaning it is fully compatible. In case you want to get our previous version for the Steam Deck, head over here. However, keep in mind, Aerofly FS 4 is offering lots of new content and features, so read on.

Since Aerofly FS 4 is almost using the same but enhanced user interface as Aerofly FS 2, we can say that you can even operate in a much more intuitive way than Aerofly FS 2. You can access all relevant functions using the controls on the Steam Deck and you could even click switches in the cockpit by taping on the screen. Besides that Aerofly FS 4 also runs in a full Linux native version ( Steam OS running on the Steam Deck is a Linux based operating system ), with no extra translation layers in between. Due to the powerful hardware of the Steam Deck you also get dense coverage of buildings and trees and even our new dynamic lighting, so to make it short, it looks the same as on your PC computer.

So we can safely say at this point, that Aerofly FS 4 is 100% Steam Deck verified compatible and you can use our Flight SImulator without any restrictions and it's a great device to do a quick flight either while travelling or at home.

• Hi

I just bought a steam deck oled and in the process of downloading everything. If I start up fs4 I don't need to configure the controls and just start using it? The download takes about 6 hours with a speed of 90 Mb. Also the simulator indicates which deck controls to use?

Thank you for developing this wonderfull simulator.