App won’t launch on ipad

• I’ve installed Aerofly FS 2023 (v 20.23.19) on my iPad Air 2 (iOS v 15.7.6), but the app won’t launch. The screen flashes blue, then white for half a second each, then goes black and nothing happens. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn’t work. Please help! Thanks.

• I’ve installed Aerofly FS 2023 (v 20.23.19) on my iPad Air 2 (iOS v 15.7.6), but the app won’t launch. The screen flashes blue, then white for half a second each, then goes black and nothing happens. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn’t work. Please help! Thanks.

Hey you should put this in the bug thread, and if it doesn’t work ask a refund and wait for fs2024🤷‍♂️

Hello ;)

Have you tried to clear cache, reboot your device, and check your internet?

Aviationly,

SkyX

• Hello ;)

Have you tried to clear cache, reboot your device, and check your internet?

Cache: how do I clear the cache on an iPad, and is that relevant when the problem is with the app?

Reboot: yes.

Internet: it was slow at the time I first installed it, but since then I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it with internet working fine, same result.

• Can anyone from Aerofly offer any help, because I’m about to try to get a refund (how?) and delete it. It’s been a week or so since I first installed it, and this shouldn’t be that hard to get support.

I feel a 1 star review on the App Store coming on…

• I get the iPad Air 2 announcement date as October 2014 in an on-line look up. Might your iPad not meet the minimum spec for Aerofly FS2023?

Unfortunately the App Store requirements don’t list anything more than the OS 14 software requirement. My old 2016 high spec android Google Pixel C tablet works with 2023 but only with all the options at the lowest level (except 100% graphics resolution), anything fancy crashes it. I haven’t any working older iPads.

Aerofly FS2021 or FS2022 don’t appear to be available any more in the App Store.

Have you tried loading 2023 after clearing about 40 GB of storage? It likes plenty of excess storage space for installing. Can you move photos and music for example off the tablet for a while?

Clearing cache is not straightforward on an ipad, you could generate a huge temporary video recording to ‘demand’ the cache storage?

Edited once, last by Overloaded (August 17, 2023 at 9:33 AM).

• Cache: how do I clear the cache on an iPad, and is that relevant when the problem is with the app?

Reboot: yes.

Internet: it was slow at the time I first installed it, but since then I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it with internet working fine, same result.

Clear cache solve lots of problems with the apps. Go to : Settings, General, Ipad storage, Select Aerofly then you can Offload app and reinstall it.

Aviationly,

SkyX