Why not a discord?

• Like MSFS2020, Aerofly needs a discord as well. There are many benefits to a discord server, like instant answers to problems, community bonds, events, 3rd party addons and so much more! We already have an unofficial discord server that the team for that server would like verified and advertised on the forum, as this is just an idea and not to be taken seriously unless an IPACS official says so.

Thank you! :)

In regards, your food.

Professional Idiot,

• Answering questions from users obviously takes a lot of time and we would need to hire a new person just to manage discord. In my personal opinion discord is good for chatting and communicating but we need a platform that is searchable by web search engines where posts and questions and the answer to those questions remain available to the public for a long time.

• Answering questions from users obviously takes a lot of time and we would need to hire a new person just to manage discord. In my personal opinion discord is good for chatting and communicating but we need a platform that is searchable by web search engines where posts and questions and the answer to those questions remain available to the public for a long time.

Can't we have the community manage the server if it's not possible to get an IPACS member to?

I am not insisting on making the server I am just asking a question

Professional Idiot,

And for that other part of your personal opinion I think that explains why we don't have a discord, good point Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Professional Idiot,

It's also a good way for players to answer and learn from each other at some point. You only need to open another ticket entry, and collect the problems that cannot be solved among players and hand them over to you to deal with. In Discord, the "TICKETS" robot is very useful.

Thousands of lights such as day, such as a dream, the end of the world at this time. :)

• It's also a good way for players to answer and learn from each other at some point. You only need to open another ticket entry, and collect the problems that cannot be solved among players and hand them over to you to deal with. In Discord, the "TICKETS" robot is very useful.

In my opinion, I believe that Discord is not otherwise necessary, if you want to open a ticket here privately, you will also have the answer or help with whoever you are appealing.

Discord is other than a kind of WhatsApp community, in (AI) form nothing more. Everyone has their choice.

Reading on Trustpilot, the opinions are rather mixed or even very negative, especially concerning this security platform.

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (August 29, 2023 at 4:58 PM).

Considering the need for a searchable and publicly accessible platform, exploring options beyond Discord might be beneficial. Platforms like forums or knowledge bases could be more suitable for maintaining a lasting repository of information that's easily discoverable through web search engines.

• Considering the need for a searchable and publicly accessible platform, exploring options beyond Discord might be beneficial. Platforms like forums or knowledge bases could be more suitable for maintaining a lasting repository of information that's easily discoverable through web search engines.

This forum right here is already quite good for that actually.

• Since it bothers me personally to have to use too many platforms at the same time, I stick with my two platforms https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/ and https://flight-sim.org and accept being left behind by Discord & Co.😀

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries