Detailed Airports List after World Update

• Hi

I use the Steam version of Aerofly FS 4 and applied recently the world update.

This is very nice and I have now many detailed airports, mainly in USA and all over Europa (before there were only certain regions in the USA and some countries in Europa like Switzerland or The Netherlands). Besides USA and Europa I found also some detailed airports in other regions (like Dubai OMDB or the Tokio airports Haneda and Narita).

I realized how I can identify the detailed airports on the world map for flight planning: The detailed airports have parking positions for starting cold and dark, the non-detailed ones have not. I also noticed that the detailed airports show AI-Traffic, the others do not, even if AI-aircraft seem to be landing, but they do not show up on taxiways or parkings.

Now my question: Is there somewhere a list of all detailed airports in the whole Aerofly FS 4 world?

Thanks, Walter

• I think the current list can be found here (example is a Mac):

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator/scenery/airports_db

Since the last update, my list contains 6,764 airports today.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Thanks Michael

Yes I found this list also and it has 6763 entries on my system (Windows PC).

However, these are the complete airports that you find in world map (flight planning) in Aerofly FS 4 all over the world, but the big majority of these are not detailed airports, for which I am actually looking for.

As I noted above, I find only detailed airports in Europe and the USA and up to now a handfull in other parts of the world (OMDB, RJAA and maybe some more). Also in Europe there are airports that are not detailed (like LGAV Athens), but in otherwise in Western, Central and Northern Europe there are quite a lot.

Actually I was looking for a list of these detailed airports. IPACS must have somewhere this information.

Walter

• Could you somehow share the list of all of the airports in txt or pdf? I have Aerofly on Android and I can't get to the right folder

• Armitage
    February 4, 2024 at 1:27 PM

Hope this helps ;)