Refunds on Playstore question

• Hi All,

Like most of us, I bought the FS Global this morning and a subscription for 12 months of satellite data. I asked for a refund after 20 minutes or so and I received an almost instant refund of the game purchase price of $4.99 AUD. What I have not got back was the scenery subscription I made of $24.99 AUD. Has anyone had experience with refunds for in game purchases?

Is there a process to follow or have I just made a donation to the satellite streaming service? :/

• Hi Jan,

With all respect to you (I DO appreciate just how busy you are and all the work you do), the real question was just how do I get a refund of the scenery subscription once I cancel the game. I followed your prompt advice and found that I probably will not which is something that the unsuspecting players should be warned about in my opinion. My bad, I should just have subscribed for the shortest period of time.

Cheers

Gary

• Hi Jan,

With all respect to you (I DO appreciate just how busy you are and all the work you do), the real question was just how do I get a refund of the scenery subscription once I cancel the game. I followed your prompt advice and found that I probably will not which is something that the unsuspecting players should be warned about in my opinion. My bad, I should just have subscribed for the shortest period of time.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

Are there any options available to cancel the subscription at the location I mentioned though?
    I cannot test this myself because I have a test account.

• I have requested a refund directly and it is under review so with any luck it might work. My issue was that I did a pre order on the Sim and then bought it the day it was released. I am thinking I bought it twice hence my cancellation.

Update: - My refund has been approved. Great result and thanks to the Playstore folk.

Edited once, last by AOB (December 7, 2023 at 12:09 AM).