• Question for the developers. Is there any way it would be possible to set the cold and dark condition anywhere as long as the altitude is ground level?

A few people are asking for more gates and I have no doubt it’s very time consuming to add them manually.

It would be great if we could just manually place our aircraft wherever we want and start from cold and dark.

• The issue with a free position on the ground is that you could collide with objects when you spawn in. That why we only have fixed parking positions at which you can start the flight which we know are free of obstacles.

I totally understand that thinking however I often move my aircraft around on the ground just to check out different areas. While I do collide with static objects sometimes, for the most part the map shows you where the buildings are.

It was just a suggestion that I thought might be easier to add than more manual gates especially for cold and dark startups in newer areas of the global map. Also the tug is available for push back anywhere on the ground so it seems a shame not to be able to take advantage of the wonderful hand crafted terminals.

Edited once, last by Sauracy (December 30, 2023 at 5:47 PM).

• The issue with a free position on the ground is that you could collide with objects when you spawn in. That why we only have fixed parking positions at which you can start the flight which we know are free of obstacles.

But how did the developers of MSFS or X-Plane solve this? They won't have all placed them individually

Iphone 15 Pro: Aerofly Fs Global

Rtx 4070 Ryzen 7 7745HX: Aerofly Fs 4, Msfs 2020, Dcs

• I just wanted to add one more thought. Since the the globe is now open to fly anywhere, I’m looking for new airports to fly into. However after I land at an airport and taxi to the terminal or ramp and shut down, it would be wonderful since the sim saves your last location to be able to load the sim again and choose cold and dark or whichever condition you want.

Many airports have no spawns points at all so we have to manually place the aircraft anyway unless we want to start on the runway. This would add a lot more “realism” (everyone has a different idea of realism) to the game.

I totally understand Jetpack’s response but we can already move the aircraft wherever we want but always have to spawn with engines running and ready for takeoff.

• Whenever you spawn at ground level, you should be able to set options like cold and dark.
    When launching the session, in case of collision, the sim should display a message like “impossible to spawn here because of collision, adjust your position again”

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• The solution is to place the objects after the user has chosen a parking position

But, it’s possible that the foundations of Aerofly are not this way. However, yes why not.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC