R22 not starting for me

• So I have been trying to get the R22 helicopter started up (On mobile). I have looked up multiple videos on how to start it up and have done everything. One of the engines starts but the rotor won't spin and the second engine won't start up. I'm wondering if there is any body who could maybe help.

• After starting the one and only engine of the R22 you need to close the red cover of the clutch switch and wait. Make sure the rotor brake is off. After a bit of a delay the rotor starts spinning and accelerates to idle rotation speed. Then you can throttle up to about 50% which accelerates the rotor. When the RPM reaches 100% you can take off.

Regards,

Jan

• So I have been trying to get the R22 helicopter started up (On mobile). I have looked up multiple videos on how to start it up and have done everything. One of the engines starts but the rotor won't spin and the second engine won't start up. I'm wondering if there is any body who could maybe help.

Are you sure you mean the R22? Because it only has one engine. Otherwise, it starts with the ignition switch turned all the way to the right. (Green circle.) The main switch must be switched on. (Green arrow.)

The rotor brake must also be released, green arrow.

• After starting the one and only engine of the R22 you need to close the red cover of the clutch switch and wait. Make sure the rotor brake is off. After a bit of a delay the rotor starts spinning and accelerates to idle rotation speed. Then you can throttle up to about 50% which accelerates the rotor. When the RPM reaches 100% you can take off.

Ok, thanks I got it. I wasn't turning on the clutch.