• I played around with my settings in game and I found that the game runs really smooth, frame rate a continues 60 (with seems to be the vsync option) on ultra textures and landscape. Settings for shading, building and trees are medium. No cumulus clouds in the sky. The game runs smooth as a babies buttocks.

Adding more trees to the scenery really makes the game start to stutter when these trees come into view.

Adding more the a few cumulus clouds really impact the fps also. Medium cumulus cloud density settings drop my frame rate to 40 something and make the game start to stutter quite badly.

I have a I5-3450 with 8 GB of gddr5
    Game installed on a sdd
    GPU Radeon R9 270 with 3GB of memory

Is it because the trees and clouds are not implemented the right way or is it because my system cant handle it?

My gpu and cpu dont seems to work very hard (40% - 50% of max capacity)

• I use adaptive vsync on my GTX 950 strix graphics card with vsynch off in Aero. I have everything on ultra and only see hesitation when looking out the side windows which is a bit demanding. I have the 950 card peaking at 1550 clock rate and have my cheapo G3258 two core cpu running at 4.3 GHz overclock. My air cooled cpu maxes at 35C and the 950 card at 65C with an early fan speed/temp curve set.

• I found out that my gpu was not able to keep up with the ultra settings of the game. So I replaced my AMD radeon r9 270 for a geforce gtx 970. I have to test it for longer periods of time, but on ultra in a densely forested area it was more then fine! I hope for many enjoyable hours simming with my new gpu!

• Luxury! Overclock it with a close eye on temperature and you will get a lot more. Use the performance record software to check on temps and Gpu usage. There are good guides on youtube. Don't mess it up or it will be costly. You probably don't need to overclock as you card is miles faster and more powerful than mine.

• Maybe the ATI open gl drivers are an issue (once again)... Even my GTX 660 Ti can get stable 60FPS with ultra settings, the Radeon R9 270 has both more bandwith and pixel rate but less texel rate according to: http://www.hwcompare.com/16567/geforce-…-radeon-r9-270/
    So it should theoretically be able to do ultra settings as well...

Regards,

Jan

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS) (June 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM).